- Audrey stayed home from preschool/daycare due to a 3am Stomach Incident. It was isolated and she was acting mostly normal by morning, but she was pretty mellow and spent the day watching movies and snuggling her binkies (oh, she loves those binkies and I don’t even WANT to take them away from her just yet) and eating snacks when she felt hungry.
Now I just have all my fingers and toes crossed that it STAYS isolated. EEP.
- I worked after only 3ish hours of broken sleep the night before. My brain was worthless by noon.
- I continued getting my new laptop set up, files transferred over (still transferring OMG this process is the slowest), and realizing I don’t hate Windows 8 like I expected. Happy Surprises!
- Dan mailed our signed lease for a beach house this summer. We’re headed back to the Outer Banks after a few years of going either nowhere or somewhere else. I am SO looking forward to this year because last year, I was in Breastfeeding Struggles Land and I was also in a boot for my stupid broken foot so to be honest, the week was sort of a blur. This year, the kids will all be at great ages and both sets of grandparents will be there and I WANNA LEAVE NOW!!!!
- I was asleep by 9:15.
- I am thankful that everyone slept peacefully last night, with the exception of Zach around 10:30. He was SCREAMY and wouldn’t settle and I was picturing another nightmarish night and him barfing everywhere and I could not deal. But he finally fell asleep by 11:30 and all was quiet till morning. AMEN AND HALLELUJAH.
- I still have this stupid cold thing I’ve been dealing with for over a week. My voice is still croaky, grossness oozes from my nose. But it’s not enough to require a doctor visit, just enough to be irritating and annoying and it’s been 11 days I AM DONE WITH THIS NOW THANKS.
- Zach is 11 months old.
He also took a step this morning but I’m going to pretend I didn’t see it. DENIAL!
- I’m hoping everyone will be back to daycare and school and I can have some quiet and be productive with some work things I need to get finished. Yesterday was not so productive.
- I had a long lovely day of quiet on Saturday when I spent some time alone at a haircut and a massage and a pedicure and breakfast with my sister but it didn’t take. I think I need to try it again. heh.
post-hot stone massage me. a happy version of myself.
- I’m going to try to make a final decision on a new paint color for the kitchen. Then I shall paint the butler’s pantry area that had some water damage in the ceiling, uh, 2.5 years ago.
From July 2011. Not the kind of thing you want to see when you walk around the corner!
It’s been spackled and sanded and primed for over a year. But Life happened and it never got painted and now our kitchen walls are a mess anyway so I decided: PAINT ALL THE THINGS. Dan is super thrilled. I blame this endless winter for my need to nest and change things and feel proactive about SOMETHING. I feel sluggish and restless and I’m tired of it. So: a PROJECT!
What’s your week lookin’ like so far?