good things this week

Three days and a few decent rounds of contractions later and… the doctor checked and NO CHANGE. Baby is a stubborn one. I know he’s not even DUE for another 11 days, and trust me when I say that I am FINE with him staying in for longer! EXCEPT WHAT IS UP WITH THE CONTRACTIONS THAT ARE DOING NOTHING? That’s where my frustration lies. I’m crampy and uncomfortable and grumpy. I’m trying so hard to just trust my body and rest when I can and just RELAX but prodromal labor is HARD ON THE MIND. I feel like time is standing still.

So. Let’s focus on some good things, shall we?

Maggie had her birthday party last Saturday. It wasn’t the at-home shindig I usually throw, but she certainly had a great time with all of her friends.

birthday girl

someone was having fun

My favorite part is Audrey's finger going toward the cake.

opening presents

The very last thing on my list of things I really wanted to be able to do before the baby arrives was to take a birthday snack to Maggie’s class yesterday. And we made it! She was thrilled to be the center of attention for 15 minutes while everyone sang to her and she passed out her juice boxes and yogurt (only healthy, pre-approved treats for the classroom, DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HOW BORING THAT IS WHATEVER.)

Birthday girl!

I am completely, 100% done with work. And it is WEIRD. The last 6 months have been the craziest in a long time, for all of us. Between my pregnancy and the half-day kindergarten schedule, fitting work in during the week was sometimes a challenge. And I was very afraid of leaving loose ends on some projects while I’m off for the summer, but I launched my final project last week and wrapped up billing and emails and turned on my autoresponder and literally have no work to do. It’s a very strange adjustment to shift gears like this, but I’m trying to enjoy it and take advantage of these quieter days before Baby Boy gets here and all hell breaks loose.

So we played Operation yesterday.

Performing surgery

And today Maggie and I went to lunch after I picked her up from school, before my doctor’s appointment (she picked Noodles, obviously.)

Spicy food: CHECK!

Tomorrow is Maggie’s 6th birthday. There is no school (Maggie doesn’t go back until Wednesday!), so I’m thinking the girls and I will hang out in our pajamas and maybe dye some Easter eggs. Then we’ll eat tacos for dinner because that’s what Maggie picked. EXCELLENT.

Considering the fact that Audrey GROWLED at us this morning when we tried to get her out of bed (three days in a row at daycare isn’t something she’s used to and it CLEARLY caught up with her)… I’m thinking we could use a few low-key days.

Good morning toes.

1. TwinMamaTeb

omg, the pic of her smiling w/the cake? YOUR MOM. Through and through! So beautiful.

Mar 27 4:39 pm

2. Susie
    @snoozical

I do not know if I would have been strong enough to resist tickling those feetsies.

Mar 27 5:11 pm

Oh we totally tickled them after I took the picture. She was not amused. Ha

Mar 28 10:41 am

3. I think it’s super lame that you can’t bring cupcakes to Maggie’s class! And I hope that baby boy comes soon and you enjoy your time “off”!!

Mar 27 5:15 pm

4. Stefanie
    @LexieLooDylan2

Love the picture of Maggie with her cake! Enjoy Spring Break and the last few days before your little man arrives!
    An FYI, although a bit late-they revised the approved snack list and it now includes cookies and candy. Of course, they didn’t send it out to the contact parents until the week before the Valentine’s Day party! Dylan actually got a Ring Pop in class today. GASP.

Mar 27 5:20 pm

5. Michelle
    @notraisingbrats

Happy birthday to Maggie!

And hugs to you. Hope Baby dude decides to settle down for a few days or gets the show on the road!

Mar 27 6:15 pm

6. Dave (Scrumpy Daddy)
    @scrumpydaddy

Happy Birthday to Maggie! She looks like she was absolutely BEAMING at her party! Have a great day tomorrow!

And good luck to you, Jen. I hope you aren’t stuck in prodromal labor limbo for too long…I know it can just put a big old PAUSE on life, wondering every day, “Is this the day? Is it going to be for real today? Should I make the call(s) to get everyone lined up to take care of the other kids today? Should I bother making that big dinner today???” (Some of the things we talked about every day during one or another of our labor experiences, and I’m sure it is so much worse/amplified for the mother, going through it all physically, and with hormones interacting with perceptions and thought processes…what a mess this biological life can be sometimes!)

And those feet are too cute!

Mar 27 11:59 pm

7. HereWeGoAJen
    @herewegoajen

I am really wishing we had a Noodles here. It looks sooo good.

Mar 28 2:26 pm

8. K
    @twoadults

Your new site design looks AMAZING. You must be a professional or something.

I love all of these photos. Now go relax in your jams.

Mar 28 4:30 pm

Why thank you, lady! I suppose I *am* a professional & it was about time I had a non-premade theme for my own blog. Ha ;)

Mar 29 12:44 pm