1. SPRING. WHERE ARE YOU. PLEASE COME SOON. WE MISS YOU. LOVE, US.
(This week last year:)
2. Audrey had another round of xrays on her foot on Friday. She did awesome, especially considering I had to leave her in the xray room with the tech and step out while they did them. She’s come a long way from last spring where if a dr or nurse or even the lunch tray lady at the hospital knocked on the door, she would SCREAM AND WAIL. On Friday, she chatted with everyone she saw, charmed them all (duh), and lounged on the exam table.
The good news is that her foot is looking great, but they still want her to stay in the boot for another two weeks. This is fine with me now that she’s walking on it. As long as we keep a shoe on the other foot, she’s running around like it’s nobody’s business. So! More xrays next Friday and hopefully we’ll be done with this particular medical drama. Although last week we got an incident report from daycare that she somehow got her hand (and also her foot? or something? Even the poor TEACHERS seemed confused by how she did it) stuck in the lock on their diaper cabinet. She was totally fine, just had a red mark on her arm. But still. THIS KID. A day before that I had to catch her from tumbling head-first off of our bed.
She’s just… going to be That Kid in our family, isn’t she? The Middle Child. Geez, I love her.
3. There are many clean baby boy clothes in drawers in the baby’s room now. Also: these shoes. COULD YOU JUST DIE?
4. Less than seven weeks till this little dude is due to make his arrival and… we don’t have a name. People keep asking me and I’m like OH. RIGHT. Um… no. No name yet. I guess we should… think about that? And stuff? I mean, we’ve talked about it here and there, and made a list, and then crossed almost ALL of them off the list. The remaining few names are perfectly nice! And would totally work! But none of them are names that scream to us THIS IS HIS NAME! Which I guess is okay. We’ll figure out his name. Maggie suggested Cutie Pants. So, we’ll keep that one in mind. heh.
5. The girls are sleeping over at my parents’ house this weekend and we’re going out to dinner and I’m going to eat all the foods. I’ve been craving hibachi rice and steak and chicken and that ridiculous sauce they give you and I’m gonna eat it with a spoon. YUM.
6. Dan’s been traveling a little bit recently for work. While this is No Big Deal for most people, it’s a bit unusual for us! Normally it would be relatively easy for me- the mornings and days would be the same, just the evenings are different, really. And the girls overall are pretty easy to deal with (they’re good kids, even with the Attitudes) But I’m not gonna lie: I was exhausted last Thursday night when he finally got home after just three days away. That extra pair of hands when you’re as big as a house and have two kids and a job? KINDA NICE TO HAVE AROUND. One more trip next week and then he’s banned from traveling because I’m too paranoid I’ll go into labor early while he’s away. ha (Side story: He got home last night from another short trip and said his plane DROPPED during landing. Like, they were WEIGHTLESS. It was super windy and the plane was all wobbly and they kept circling and then they dropped then came back up… I could have flipped out. GAH.) (GAAAAH!)
7. (This is me where I would normally write specifics about How I’m Feeling At Thirty-Three Weeks Pregnant but you don’t want to hear whining, I’m sure. Basically I still have a LONG way to go and I’m kinda getting crabby about it. I was actually JEALOUS of Lady Mary when she gave birth during Downton Abbey the other night because she could SLEEP ON HER BACK NOW NO FAIR! but then of course that Next Part Happened and I wasn’t so jealous anymore. But that gives you an indication of my mental state these days.)
So instead, here’s a picture of Maggie with corn in her ears.
And one of Audrey with a bandaid on her nose (Hey. YOU TRY ARGUING WITH A TWO YEAR OLD.)