Day One

(Or as Dan might title this one: She’s The State’s Problem Now)

still can't believe Audrey cooperated

We all survived the day- the bus stop, the bus ride, even the afternoon with Maggie at home with me while I worked (fingers crossed it keeps up!) She found her seat in the room, chatted up a new friend about pencil boxes, and smiled and waved as I left.

she looks so LITTLE.

getting off the bus at the school

chatting with her new friend about pencils

all settled in!

Her favorite part was riding the school bus. She admitted last night that was “a little nervous about kindergarten, but now I’m zero nervous.” So I guess that means the first day was a success.

Here’s to 13 more years!

1. PinkieBling

August 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Awww, congratulations! I’m happy it went so well, and she seriously could not be cuter. Her little outfit! Her SHOES!!

2. Stefanie

August 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Way to go, Maggie! I am so glad it went well for her…and you!

3. K

August 28, 2012 2:34 pm

I love the Hello, Kitty tattoo and Arthur creeping in the background.

What a great first day.

August 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Yay, Kindergarten!
    Glad the first day went so well for BOTH of you! :)

5. Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks

August 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Such great photos. I’m so glad Day 1 went so smoothly. What a relief!

6. Michelle

August 28, 2012 5:51 pm

The dress. The leopard print shoes. You are killing me with the cuteness.

Glad it went well. This gives me hope for next year.

7. Jesabes

August 28, 2012 9:24 pm

So glad it went well! Tell Maggie I use that exact same pencil case (in blue) every day at my job, so she’s practically a grown-up. Or I’m a kindergartener. Whatever.

8. Jenn

August 29, 2012 11:59 am

Beautiful pictures, and beautiful girls! :)

Zero nervous is always good! Alyssa is now in second grade – I can’t believe it! – and Ryan is now in first – ack, they’re growing up so fast! (For the record, they’re 21 months apart in age, but because of Alyssa’s birthday being in October, she had to wait an extra year before starting kindergarten, which is why they’re only one grade apart instead of two.)

I still get teary eyed some mornings when I send them off to the bus, but overall it’s nice having the break. ;)

9. Candace

August 29, 2012 6:21 pm

I love these pictures.. So nostalgic. You have a beautiful family Jen!

10. Tracy

August 30, 2012 7:43 am

Great pics! Love those shoes :)

Here is to a great first year!!!

11. Cori

August 30, 2012 10:36 am

Congratulations on her first day! I don’t know what I’ll do when my babies go to school. Part of me would love the alone time during the day, it would certainly make chores and work earlier, but there’s another part of me – the part of me that misses them on the few occasions I actually have to go to the office – that dreads the idea.