May 20, 2012
So we’re back in the hospital. Sigh.
She was almost finished with her 10-day course of oral antibiotics, and we noticed in the past few days that the lump was swelling again. Rather than wait until morning, we came to the ER last night (I don’t know that I would have been able to sleep anyway) and they ran some bloodwork (all is fine!) and another ultrasound. Still just an infected lymph gland, but apparently it’s a nasty nasty bug that won’t go away with just regular meds. They’ve ramped things up a bit to some heavy-duty antibiotics and are watching her for progress. We’re staying here at least one more night, and if there is no good decrease by morning, they’ll want to do surgery to drain it.
So. Obviously, if you have some prayers to spare, we’d appreciate it. We really don’t want to have to go down THAT road.
For now, we’re hanging out at the hospital and Audrey is just glad she was cleared for eating and drinking and getting rid of the fluid IV for the day. Girl does NOT like sitting still.