back where they both belong

home again home again, jiggity jig

The great, awesome, spectacular news: We’re home! Audrey was discharged from the hospital last night around 6pm, and I’ll tell you what: I’m pretty sure I could win a contest for Who Can Pack Up A Hospital Room The Fastest. No contest. Everyone slept like good little rocks last night. Hooray and Amen.

The bad news: I get to fight with Audrey over taking her antibiotics 4 times a day for 7 days. That’s a lot of sweaty wrestling matches. Our mixing-it-with-yogurt trick doesn’t always work. Girl is feisty and stubborn and likes to kick and spit. WHEEEEE!

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be busy putting my house back together because somehow, even though nobody was really here for like 5 days, the place is a disaster and someone snuck into our house while we were gone and wore all of our clothes and we have more laundry than I’ve ever seen in my LIFE.

1. Tracy
    @overmom

YAY for being back home.

The laundry was totally me. I confess. HA

May 24 8:15 am

2. This is such great news … and yes, how does the bad elves in the house thing work anyhow???

FYI, I’m sure you have nothing to do at the moment getting back to life, but if you have a mo, I’ve got a giveaway going on right now with a great prize and pretty darn great odds of winning. ;P

May 24 8:48 am

3. Dave (Scrumpy Daddy)
    @scrumpydaddy

So glad you are all home and that things are generally going well. Good luck with the antibiotic doses…Abby was almost always really good at taking meds, but Zach…notsomuch. Audrey seems independent and strong-willed, much like our Zach, but we can get him to do just about anything if we offer him candy. Specifically, chocolate. :-) (Love that boy!)

And who keeps messing up our houses? How do they get like that? And what’s with always needing to do laundry? We do it one day, and it seems like we have another set of full loads a day or two later! What happens? Aiy, life. heh!

I hope this is the last you have to worry about this thing with Audrey.

Good luck!

May 24 10:18 am

4. Kris

So glad to hear she is home! Have fun with the laundry! :)

May 24 10:38 am

5. K
    @twoadults

Two thumbs up for BEING HOME!

May 24 11:16 am

6. I’d take a messy big house over a messy small hospital room any day. So glad every one is home and hope that Audrey continues on her road of recover!

May 24 1:33 pm

7. So glad you read you all are home!! Wonderful!!

I’m not a nurse or doctor or anything but I’ve heard you should be very cautious about giving antibiotics with probiotics (yogurt). I think they can cancel each other out somehow, although I’m not exactly sure. I think it is just giving it at the same time of day but that it’s okay to do it IN the same day. Hope that makes sense. Maybe her doctor would know for sure. Hope the antibiotics do the trick this time!

May 24 1:39 pm

8. I am so glad all this is settled!

May 24 2:01 pm

9. Tracey (sparkyd)

Yay for being home! You must be very happy – laundry piles aside.

I don’t know what kind of antibiotics she is on, but my oldest is HORRID for taking any kind of medicine and last time he was on antibiotics we found the magic solution for him was chocolate syrup. Pink medicine on the spoon with a squirt of chocolate right in there with it. Seriously, magic. From epic battle to total compliance. His younger sibling also had to be given a dose… but just of the dollop of chocolate syrup, of course. ;)

May 24 3:09 pm

10. Lea

So glad to hear you’re back home and hope you can stay put and Audrey can make a FULL recovery!

May 24 8:43 pm