Maggie’s view

I got my fancy-pants Canon Rebel DSLR when Maggie was two, so I haven’t used my old point-and-shoot camera very much since then. I really only use it for videos of the girls being goofy and cute. But it’s a great camera to have on hand for Maggie to play with, taking pictures of whatever. I always forget that she DOES THIS, and then when I get around to downloading pictures (sometimes weeks or months later), it’s highly entertaining.

Most of her pictures are of the mundane stuff around the house.

bopit! (taken by Maggie)

the playroom (taken by Maggie)
I am not ashamed of this room. I find it impressive that I’m able to ignore the mess. PERSONAL GROWTH, WE’LL CALL IT.

She takes a lot of pictures of the tv.

hockey (taken by Maggie)

Sesame Street (taken by Maggie)
Audrey creeping in the reflection!

Audrey, wanting to get REALLYCLOSE to the tv (taken by Maggie)

And of course, she takes pictures of us.

sister (taken by Maggie)

sister (taken by Maggie)

Dan (taken by Maggie)

I won’t trust her with my good camera any time soon, but she has gotten a lot better with framing the shots and getting some interesting pictures. But BY FAR, my favorite are her self-portraits.

blaaaaah (taken by Maggie)

"I am really, really ridiculously good-looking." (taken by Maggie)

OH MY. ha

1. A'Dell

April 18, 2012 9:53 pm

A girl after my own heart! I love self portraits. I let CLaire do this once and she broke the point and shoot. Maybe I’ll try again, it’s been about a year.

April 18, 2012 9:56 pm

It took her a while to not throw it around and for me to be okay with her taking it without following right behind her, but in the past year or so, she’s done a lot better! Keeps her out of my hair for a while too, so: WIN ;)

2. Julie

April 18, 2012 10:03 pm

That last one is the best! Supermodel!

I hope she keeps taking self portraits for a long time, because the teenage ones are going to be fabulous.

3. Dave (Scrumpy Daddy)

April 19, 2012 7:45 am

That’s fabulous! Abby loves to take pictures, too, and we assisted with getting her a camera for her birthday a year or so ago (from my MIL, but we picked it out and all) – she loves the self portraits, too.

LOVE that last shot!!!

4. Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks

April 19, 2012 11:19 am

Such a great re-use of your old point and shoot! I’ve been holding onto mine, too, and had no idea what to do with it. Now, I’m definitely holding onto it until Gavin is old enough to cause trouble! =) And those self-portraits of Maggie are priceless!!!

5. Elizabeth

April 19, 2012 4:36 pm

These are fabulous! Eric and I were just talking about how fun it will be to see what Hannah does with our old cameras one day.

6. red pen mama

April 23, 2012 12:40 pm

I gotta hand Flora and Kate my (old) camera again and see what happens. So much fun to see what they see!