scarf swap!

Just a quick post today while I have some downtime at my office job (things have been CAH-RAY-ZEE in recent weeks but today I finally have some breathing room. To like, you know, do more then eat a 5 minute lunch and go pee a few times. heh.) I wanted to share with you the adorable and awesome scarves I got in the mail from Laura, my Scarf Swap buddy. (The Scarf Swap was organized by the lovely Raven, so thanks to her as well!)

Laura and I were randomly matched up for the swap, and here’s a fun fact: she lives like a mile from my grandfather. BLOGGING AND REAL LIFE COLLISION WHOA! Crazypants.

Anyway. The scarves! She sent two! And she MADE THEM herself! I am not crafty or sew-y so I bought mine. But I love love love having something handmade. And one of them is Steelers-themed, which I know pained her to do ;) so that makes it extra special.

(a quick cell phone pic I took before Maggie stole the gray scarf and pretty flowers from me. THAT GIRL, YOU GUYS.)
My fabulous scarves from @lauradiniwilk! Love the scarf swap :) @justexpressive

I feel so fancy. Are these too much to wear to Target or the grocery store?! :)

1. hello haha narf

January 25, 2012 1:10 pm

loving that black and gold one so hard

2. tehamy

January 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Love both scarfs! And the idea of a scarf swap is awesome!

January 25, 2012 1:25 pm

Those are awesome! I wish I was craftier. I loved the flowered one so much when you posted the pic on Twitter, I asked her if she had an Etsy shop! lol. But I checked out her blog and it turns out she lives pretty close to where I do–we even worked at the same hospital at the same time for a while back in 2001-02! So crazy!

I think I read Raven is having a flip flop swap for the summer, which sounds like fun too!

4. Jesabes

January 25, 2012 2:27 pm

So pretty! As I told Laura, *I* want those scarves. Except I can’t EVER wear black and gold (Iowa Hawkeye colors. I’m an Iowa State Cyclone.) I actually think I might try to follow the tutorial for that one and make one in Cyclone colors.

5. Michelle

January 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Those are awesome and so impressive. I never thought to make my own scarves. I might have to give it a go.

6. Mel

January 27, 2012 7:22 am

Those are SO pretty! Love!

And you can wear scarves with anything and anywhere you want. :)