So! Christmas! It happened! And I took pictures!

probably as good as we're gonna get this year. ha

probably as good as we're gonna get this year. ha

probably as good as we're gonna get this year. ha

oooh aaah

Maggie

all dressed up for church
fancied up for church

taking her gift & running...

Christmas breakfast!

Nothing better than a brand new box of sharp crayons.
brand new box of crayons. YES.

She thinks her Daddy is the best ever.
Does this look like a kid who has hand foot and mouth disease? BECAUSE SHE TOTALLY DID. Thanks, Santa! (Thankfully she was in a pretty good mood, despite the fact that she hadn’t slept very well the night before, so Christmas Day happened as planned.)

There's my twelve year old. OH I'M SORRY. SHE'S ONLY FOUR.
Maggie aged like 8 years overnight.

I can hear the giggles
giggling at each other while we waited for our guests to arrive

bow

crazy

just... FOOD.

apple pie dip

two crockpots full of soup! chicken noodle & potato. YUM.
two crockpots full of soup. NOM.

PIE.

she stole Maggie's new skirt
wearing Maggie’s new skirt, already stealing her big sister’s clothes

2nd most popular gift last night, behind the whoopie cushion. To Dan from his dad.
Dan’s dad got him a pooping reindeer toy. And my sister got Maggie a whoopie cushion. It was pure class in our house!

rock star
Maggie the rock star

From my sister. (@samanthajcampen @dashoff)
to me from my sister!!!!

Mayhem aftermath.
aftermath

Thanks, Grandma :)
the next morning

Fancy nails from Aunt Michelle
fancy nails

Loving her new paint set!

She has said the word awesome 5,357 times so far.
The Big One

And here’s a long-ish video mashup of Christmas morning. I have watched this so many times and Maggie’s comments and reactions and sheer JOY AND ENTHUSIASM makes me giggle every time. I can’t wait until next year when we have two of them jumping around the living room, giddy and losing their minds. Because as you’ll see, Audrey was pretty subdued this year. She’s too young to really understand what was going on, plus she slept like CRAP ON TOAST the night before. (which also explains my ridiculously mundane commentary. I hadn’t had ANY COFFEE YET. heh) But next year, I’m sure Maggie’s energy will be contagious…!

And finally, there is just way too much awesome in this video not to share it. Audrey at the microphone and Maggie sitting on a whoopie cushion. And my family, cheering them on and cracking up. Love.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We absolutely did.

The kids are adorable. The videos are cute and funny. The food looks amazing….

But the most important thing…

Where did your sister find that shirt? I NEED IT!!!!

LOL!

Dec 28 1:12 am

2. Chelsea

May I ask how early it is they had you up to open presents on Christmas morning? It looks like it’s still dark out! No wonder you were tired!

Dec 28 7:11 am

It was around 7am I think? DARK. I hate this time of year.

Dec 29 5:56 am

3. Jesabes
    @jesabesblog

I’m glad you had a nice Christmas! Our kids were about the same this year – Margaret was very excited about everything and Paul was oblivious.

P.S. All those pictures of food are making me hungry.

Dec 28 8:48 am

4. red pen mama
    @redpenmamapgh

Hand and mouth disease blows. The girls both had it at the same time one year — kate was only 9 months old. Oy, memories.

Anyway, you did so much better than I did with pictures. I think I have… let me check… yeah, one. I’m hoping my mom uploads hers to facebook. We, too, had a fantastic Christmas, although like Audrey, Michael was just kinda hanging out. The girls were over the moon, though.

Dec 28 8:57 am

5. TwoAdults
    @twoadults

I love how Maggie is all “NEW TIGHTS!” and Audrey is like, “Ohhhh! Ribbon on the floor!”

And next year is going to be APE. (And, hopefully, sans hand and mouth disease because seriously.)

Dec 28 9:06 am

6. CraftyHope
    @CraftyHope

Everything looks gorgeous in your pictures: the tree, the girls, the FOOD!
    I was laughing out loud at the PIVOT shirt. LOVE IT!!
    Glad to see that you had a nice Christmas. :)

Dec 28 11:07 am

7. Dave (Scrumpy Daddy)
    @scrumpydaddy

Going through the pictures, I smiled, grinned, and laughed a bunch.

PIVOT! Love it!

It looks like you all had a fabulous time. I love the energy and joy they (especially Maggie) have in the first video. They are adorable. And the they crack me up in the second video. Too cute!

We had a good one – the kids had fun tearing into everything in 1.7 seconds, minus Matt, who just hung out . . . I wonder if we can find a way to slow them down next year ? o_0

Once again – Merry Christmas! (And thanks for sharing!)

Dec 28 12:34 pm

8. Tracy
    @overmom

Great pics. The girls looked adorable and Maggie’s reactions are priceless!

Dec 28 12:54 pm

9. keli
    @kelihoskins

those videos are the BEST EVER

Dec 28 10:32 pm

10. BEAUTIFUL pictures! Looks like a blast. Merry Christmas!

Dec 29 8:31 pm