November 23, 2011
We have a four day weekend coming up. YOU GUYS. SO EXCITED. These are my plans.
1. Run a casual Thanksgiving Turkey Trot tomorrow morning with some family and friends. Two miles! Totally doable! In fact, that’s OVER A MILE SHORTER than my runs have been lately. I never would have imagined that two miles would sound EASY. But it does. Rock on.
3. Second Thanksgiving with my parents on Friday. More eating. Yum.
4. Taking pictures. I have been neglecting my camera in a very very sad way lately. This weekend, it will be out in full force. So, you know, probably a photo post or two next week. heh
5. Christmas-ifying the house like crazy. The outside lights and stuff are already up (nice weather last weekend, didn’t want to waste it!) but I haven’t turned them on yet. Tomorrow night? I WILL. And the tree and the rest of the stuff comes next. Now we will finally get an answer to the question we’ve been asking for weeks: Just how fast will Audrey climb the Christmas tree?
6. Finally finishing our FREAKING DINING ROOM. Last winter, we painted it and hung the chair rail. Then I couldn’t stand to look at the room for another SECOND, so I took a break. For like seven months or whatever. Then a few weeks ago, we cut, assembled, and primed the shadowboxes. This past weekend, we hung them on the wall. All that we have left to do is putty the nailholes and caulk around the edges and paint. And then… DONE. Whew.
7. Play with my kids. Because life has been kind of insanely busy these past few weeks and we’re all feeling the effects and I kind of miss just idley playing Candyland or Pretty Pretty Princess or Climb On Mom And Elbow Her In The Throat While Giggling And Drooling On Her Face (that last game is trademarked, you can’t steal it, sorry.)
What are your plans for this weekend? Those of you traveling to visit family and the people you love, stay safe. And Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!