a buncha stuff

First: I had an amazing weekend. Sam came to visit. We haven’t seen each other since we met two years ago when I went to see her in Chicago. And she is just as fabulous as I remember and makes me laugh so hard with her stories and she likes to watch Friends in her pajamas so duh, that’s exactly what we did on Saturday night. And ate cookies. And went to dinner with Melissa and Andrea on Friday night. And went to Michelle’s house for a cookie party. And just exploded awesomeness all over the damn place for the 48 hours she was in town.

Look who is in my car!!!!! @samanthajcampen

Sam and me

Melissa, me, Andrea, & Sam at dinner

(That’s a terrible picture but I’m an idiot and didn’t bring my good camera to dinner. DUMB.)

I could ramble on for days about how much I love that girl, but you probably don’t want to hear it. Just know that she’s a Good One. I wish we weren’t so far away from each other on a daily basis, but I am so thankful that I can now call her just ‘my friend’ instead of ‘my internet friend’. Love.

I have to say though, I’m not sure who was more sad to say goodbye to her when it was time to take her to the airport: Maggie or me.

Coloring buddies

Maggie loved Sam.

But of COURSE, I am now EXHAUSTED and can barely function. I blame the aforementioned awesomeness, plus the time change yesterday, plus the fact that Audrey is getting at least two molars right now and not sleeping very well. My body is basically shutting down and as soon as this post is published, I’ll be dragging my tired butt upstairs and going to bed. Before 8:30. PARTY ANIMAL.

And finally, just because: this video of Audrey going down the slide. By herself. Head first. Because she’s a maniac.

1. Hillary
    @HillaryCopsey

I love the hot pink cheetah print

Nov 7 8:33 pm

2. I am just SO jealous of your awesome fest weekend with my internet bestie! Can we find a 3-way mid-point and meet up for another weekend? MWAH!

(Audrey on the slide? Hilarious!)

Nov 7 9:15 pm

ha… well… I think the mid-point would be Pittsburgh! :) But I’d be up for that!!!

Nov 8 4:36 pm

3. I’m stealing Sam from you. Just so you know.

Nov 8 11:09 am

This is cliché but you and Sam are like peas in a pod, seriously. It’s easy to see why you get along so well. She just needs a Steeler shirt. ;) KIDDING!!

It was so great to see all of you!! :) Thanks for letting me tag along!

Oh, and I didn’t know it beforehand but they used to have another Springfield Grille by my parents and my mom looooved their crème brûlée. I wish I’d known so I could have brought her some. :( But I’ll have another chance, I’m planning a date there for me & George in a couple weeks! It’s ridiculous how I’ve been daydreaming about that hummus… lol

Nov 8 12:18 pm

That Springfield Grille is where Dan and I went the night he proposed to me! (he proposed in his dorm room, THEN took me to the fancy restaurant, ha) It was EXCELLENT creme brulee. Did they close that location? Are you coming to the one near us?? And yes, that hummus was amazing.

Nov 8 4:38 pm

• Melissa

Aw, so cute. Memorieeees… :)

I checked it out and apparently the other location is still there! (about 20 min south of my parents) So I’ll be making a reservation for the 19th I think, and I can surprise my mom with the crème brûlée. Yay!

Nov 9 11:40 am

5. TwoAdults
    @twoadults

Your daughter is awesome.

And that second picture of you two is so pretty. Love it.

Nov 8 1:05 pm