never second

I don’t get much one-on-one time with Audrey. She has an older sister who takes up a lot of the air in a room, if you know what I mean. HA. It’s just how it’s always been with Audrey and me, like it is with all second children. There is always someone else around, demanding attention and snacks and wanting to play a game. And Audrey just goes with the flow, toddling along behind Maggie and giggling. I know that it’s just the way it is with non-firstborn babies, but sometimes it makes me a little sad that I don’t have the alone time with her that I had with Maggie when she was little.

So it’s been really fun spending time chasing her around her gymnastics class every week while Maggie is in the other gym for her Big Girl class.

tunnel

the pit

climber

slide

tunnel

hey you!!

the pit

I mean- it’s EXHAUSTING, I’m not gonna lie. But I love watching her squeal and run and climb and crawl without any other distractions.

where are you going??

She’s nuts. I love her.

1. Tracy
    @overmom

Oh I know what you mean about not getting the one on one time. We did get it with Logan because Dom was at school all the time. But with Charlotte…the poor girl. She will never have the time with us that her brothers did. She accepts it, even at her young age. She is a go with the flow type too. I cannot wait to do gymnastics with her too :) Audrey is so adorable. I love seeing her toddling pictures! Ahhhh mobility. Its funny, fun, tiring and oh so lovely.

Nov 2 8:02 am

2. Dave (Scrumpy Daddy)
    @scrumpydaddy

That looks so awesome! I’m so glad for you that you get to wear yourself out doing experience this with her! ;-)

I bet Audrey loves the mom-attention, too.

Nov 2 12:11 pm

3. Hillary
    @HillaryCopsey

I have the same feelings about my No. 2. He’s such a goofball and comedian. I noticed after I got back from the Blathering that he’s starting to slim down. (He’ll be 2 in December.) I’m going to cry when he loses his chubby baby thighs.

Nov 2 1:20 pm

4. I sometimes worry that I’m not getting any alone time with Will, but then when I do I see how much he misses Kalena and I know there’s a reason he came second.

Nov 2 3:54 pm

5. Michelle
    @notraisingbrats

Oh. Her little booty up in the air is so great.

I’ve been debating finding something for Gizmo and me to do together. Peanut and I did swim classes together when she was about a year old so I want to do the same with Gizmo.

Nov 2 8:08 pm

6. red pen mama
    @redpenmamapgh

I.Hear.You. Saturdays are great because I hire a sitter (usually), take the girls to gymnastics; drop Flora off and do something with Kate; then go back, pick up Flora, drop off Kate, and do something with Flora. It’s not a lot of time, but it’s what I got right now. Also, each evening, I try TRY to do 5 minutes (okay sometimes 2 minutes) alone with each kid. Just so they know I am interested in only her/him. Even if 30 seconds later, I’m needed for one of the other ones. :)

Nov 10 4:09 pm