Audrey snippets

I’ve been doing my Maggie snippets posts for a few years. Now that Audrey is getting a little bit older and every day she is less and less ‘baby’ and more kid-like (CRY! SOB! SNIFFLE!), I thought it was time to start sharing the funny and cute bits of Audrey-ness.

You know, besides the pictures of her chubby arm rolls.

big girl sitting in the princess chair

(yeah. That was just an excuse to share another one. ha)

Audrey regularly eats more than Maggie now at meals. We had Chickfila for dinner the other night. Maggie will normally MAYBE eat one chicken nugget and some fruit, plus a couple of fries. Eats like a bird, that one. We’re working on it. Audrey, on the other hand, ate 2 entire chicken nuggets, about 8 green beans (long ones!) that I cut up into pieces, and one small leftover red potato. Then some veggie straws. And probably would STILL be eating if I kept shoveling food onto her trough tray.

How else would she keep up her physique?

Chubby Rambo baby (her big sister did this to her)

(sorry. ANOTHER shameless excuse to share a picture of her chub!)

She can climb stairs now. We have a gate now. Those two things are definitely, absolutely, 100% related.

The first time she did it, Maggie and I were at gymnastics. Dan texted me and said she went all the way up, her legs and arms SHAKING WITH FATIGUE by the time she got to the top, but she didn’t stop. She crawled all the way into Maggie’s room.

She is not a fan of the gate.

Damn you, Mom & Dad. *shakes tiny fist*

There is a new teacher helping out at daycare this summer- a college boy!- and apparently Audrey looooooves him. The other day I was told that she sees him at the door and crawls SUPERFAST toward the gate, giggling and squealing.

This… could be a sign of later problems. #boycrazy

(Yes. I did just hashtag a blog post. Shoosh.)

It was pouring down rain the other day when I picked the girls up from school. I carried them to the car one at a time, covering Audrey’s entire body with Maggie’s beach towel (they swim in the summer!) She was CRACKING. UP. as I ran through the puddles and she couldn’t see a darn thing through the towel. Goofball.

I wasn’t TOTALLY worried, but as a mom… you always worry about SOMETHING. By 6 months, Maggie was babbling very clearly, saying ‘Ds’ and ‘Bs’ and constant gibberish. But all Audrey has done for months is yell and squeal and yell some more. Very vocal! Just… nothing resembling being verbal. Like I said, I wasn’t obsessing over it, but every once in a while I would wonder… if maybe we should be doing something? To make her ‘talk’? (LIKE YOU CAN MAKE A BABY DO ANYTHING. hahaha)

Well, my fears are gone, because all of a sudden OVERNIGHT, all in one day, she never stops babbling. Of course it’s all ‘Ds’. “Da da da da da daaaaa!” And every once in a while, there’s a ‘G’ in there… “Da da da ga ga da gaaaa!”

No ‘Ms’ yet, though. SIGH. Mommy gets no credit ;)

1. keli

July 13, 2011 9:24 pm

mama always gets the shaft in the vocal department. i just love your little chub!!! so cute :)

July 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Too many pictures of Audrey’s arm rolls? Impossible. NEVER ENOUGH! ;)

As for the babbling… we went through the exact same thing with Andrew. I kept telling myself, “Oliver was advanced so I shouldn’t compare them. Andrew is just average, he’ll catch up later,” etc. But by the time he was 13 months and still only had 2 consonant sounds (d and b), I really did start to worry more. Then a couple days before he turned 14 mo, Andrew chewed through his pacifier and we had to take it away, totally cold turkey. That was January 1. By June 1, just 6 months later, he went from 2 consonant sounds to over SIXTY. WORDS. Real, distinguishable, understandable, uses-them-the-right-way, words. Including two-word phrases like “more ___” and “(someone’s name’s) cup.” So he may have started later, but he sure exploded when he DID start. And Audrey will too. :) Then you’ll have TWO of them who talk all day long! It’s twice the… fun! lol

July 14, 2011 10:37 am

Yeah I have a feeling once she gets going, she’ll never shut up. Mostly out of necessity to be heard over her big sister. LOL

3. Kelly

July 14, 2011 4:48 am

She is one of the most precious babies I have ever seen. :) Seriously.

Aiden didn’t babble at all, until around 10 or 11 months I think. Like, NOTHING. He was slow to add words until 18 months or so, and now he will not shut up. Ha.

This post reminds me that I should start doing some snippets of L, the same way I do for A. My poor neglected second baby.

4. tehamy

July 14, 2011 6:50 am

Boy crazy at 10 months? You in trouble, lady!

5. Stefanie

July 14, 2011 8:58 am

She is growing up so fast. And I adore her chubby arm rolls.

6. Tristina

July 14, 2011 11:28 am

It took until about nine months until Olivia was saying Mama and Dada. Then, about two months later, all she’d say is Dog. Dog dog dog dog DOG dog dog dog dog.

And I LOVE that you hashtagged your blog.

7. Laura

July 14, 2011 1:47 pm

Always nice to hear I don’t have the only “bird” eater. I hate the eating habits of this age.
    Andrew never babbled! At all! He literally went from quiet to grunting to his first words. Chalk another one up to ” what they all say… wasn’t true for me.”
    So cute!

8. K

July 14, 2011 3:06 pm

I LIVE for pictures of that baby.

9. red pen mama

July 15, 2011 11:53 am

M is a babbler. He makes a TON of noise. I wonder what will happen as he gets older, and his sisters try to talk for him. Some verbal smack downs may be in the works.

Thanks for sharing the snippets. it’s always fun to see where other kids, babies, and moms are! I swear, we could switch out Kate and Maggie, and not see a difference sometimes.