nine years ago today

Dans Wedding 029

We’ve had some amazing moments since that day, but even now, it ranks as the most fun day I’ve ever had.

2002-06-08 Professional - Jen and Dan Dance BW

2002-06-08 Reception - Jen and Dan Entrance

2002-06-08 Professional - Bridesmaids Dance with Dan

We were so YOUNG, now that I look back. But we felt so grown up at the time. I had just turned 23. Dan was still 22.

2002-06-08 Professional - Jen Window

2002-06-08 Professional - Jen and Dan Outside 4

2002-06-08 Professional - Jen and Dan Car Kiss

It was a day of special moments, fun moments, laughs and dancing and I don’t remember ever feeling so loved. Surrounded by everybody WE loved, celebrating our new life together.

2002-06-08 Professional - Ceremony Kiss

2002-06-08 Professional - Bridal Party

2002-06-08 Reception - Bridesmaids Dancing

I love you, Dan. I’m so happy that I married you. Thank you for the past nine years (and the five we had before that). I look forward to at least fifty more.

2002-06 Honeymoon - Message in the Sand

Many, many more pictures here, if you want to see Dan And Jen, Circa 2002.

1. Happy anniversary!! Having great wedding memories is a wonderful thing. :)

Jun 8 2:47 pm

2. C @ Kid Things
    @kidthingsnet

Aw, happy anniversary!

Jun 8 2:54 pm

3. red pen mama
    @redpenmamapgh

You cute kids! Happy anniversary!

Jun 8 3:03 pm

4. Susan

That was a great day! I still have the photo of the fat guy on the tractor when you were getting photographs if you would like to add that to your album :) Happy Anniversary – love you both!!

Jun 8 3:16 pm

How about the duck poop?? DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES OF THE DUCK POOP???

(Looking back at the professional shots from that day… my photographer kind of sucked. Now that I know a little bit about photography, I could have done a million times better. My favorite shots of the day? Dan’s uncle. He took some great ones and gave us a CD of them all when we got home!)

Jun 8 3:27 pm

• Same here. Our photographer was okay, but we specifically picked a medium-format film photographer over digital and I wouldn’t do that again. I can name 10 people off the top of my head who I would pick now!

Jun 8 4:33 pm

We did film as well- it was right at the beginning of the big digital shift for photographers. In fact, a few years after we got married, we received a letter from him stating that we could pay X-amount of money (I don’t remember how much, but it was more than we wanted to spend at the time) to purchase the negatives from him, otherwise he was tossing them to complete his shift to digital. heh But yeah… if I had to do it over again, I would do the photography thing a totally different way.

Jun 8 8:37 pm

You two still look like twenty-somethings now, and I know you’re still having fun. Happy Anniversary, and many more!! :)

Jun 8 4:39 pm

6. Happy anniversary!

Jun 8 8:57 pm

7. You were sooooo young, but happy to see young nuptials actually last! And look how far you’ve come since then! Happy anniversary!

Jun 9 1:16 pm

8. Judi

Wow, I love seeing these!! I can even spot one with my mom in it and one with the back of LuLu’s head. HA!

Jun 9 2:32 pm

9. Kris

Happy anniversary! (I cannot believe I have been reading your blog for 9 whole years).

Jun 10 9:57 am

10. Col

Happy anniversary, what lovely photos!

Jun 12 6:22 pm

11. Congratulations!! My husband and I are also celebrating our 12 year anniversary this month. Wishing your 50 more happy years together too.

Jun 13 2:59 am