future leverage *insert evil laugh here*

I am 99% sure that *I* am done creating humans, but no official measures have been taken to make that a definite reality. We talk about it sometimes, but it’s always VERY MUCH prefaced with Maybes and Ifs and (if I’m being honest) Probably Not, Buts.

We are beyond thrilled about the two beautiful daughters with which we have been blessed. But I know- and he has made no secret of it- that Dan would love to have a boy.

I… I just didn’t realize HOW MUCH he wanted it.

I am totally saving this email forever and ever. Just in case.

1. burghbaby

May 11, 2011 12:28 pm

I’d be printing that sucker out and framing it so I could point at it periodically every time I wanted to buy something. “Remember that? I’m working on it right now.” Heh.

Just don’t tell him that it’s actually his job to determine boy vs. girl. Go ahead and keep on taking that blame. ;-)

2. Gina

May 11, 2011 12:28 pm

He doesn’t say exactly how you need to produce the boy and exactly what kind of boy. I’d print a photo of a boy, leave it on the table and go shopping.

3. Ordinary Sarah

May 11, 2011 12:30 pm

“produce a boy for me” HA! I love it!

4. Kris

May 11, 2011 12:45 pm

That has to be the most awesome leverage I have ever seen. Print it out, laminate it, frame it, buy a vault. Whatever you need to do… wow. (and totally Henry VIII of him, I didn’t realize he was needing an ‘heir’ that badly for something? ;) )

May 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Well it is true that if we don’t have a boy, the family name will end with him. Everyone else in the extended family has a different last name because of marriage/step families, remarriage, and he has a sister, no brothers. SO THE PRESSURE! heh

May 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Hopefully you won’t want to kill me for mentioning this, but… the odds are leaning a tiny bit to his side–when it comes to 3-children families, most *are* mixed-gender (more here). Then again, aren’t families with two girls supposed to be happiest? You could always use that argument. :)

OR you could talk one of your daughters’ future husbands into taking her maiden name–maybe a guy with, let’s say, a crazy foreign last name… ;) lol

We don’t have a gender issue over here (at least not George and me), just a “are we really willing to purposely outnumber ourselves?” and “I’m getting too old for all that not-sleeping business” issues. Still not decided for sure, but I’m thinking more and more that it would sure be nice to be done!!

• Melissa

May 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Wait, I did just get a new B&H Photo catalog though. Hmmm… I wonder if George would make me a similar blank check promise…

May 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Now that I’m past the first 6 months (which are the hardest with babies by far!) it IS really nice to think about not needing to go through that again! But… no final decisions yet…

I mean… my B&H Photo catalog came today. So! ;) LOL

6. tehamy

May 11, 2011 1:41 pm

I would be pregnant in 2 seconds and we would be broke if my husband made such a statement ;)

Oh, and when we found out that X was a boy, I jokingly said to Jim “What’s wrong, don’t you make girl babies?” His response: “Maybe YOU don’t make girl babies.” Me: *blink, blink* “Do you need a biology lesson?” Him: Uh, yeah, I mean, uh, uh.fjifheihgeihg”

7. Keely

May 11, 2011 1:54 pm

If only I’d gotten my husband to write something like this before Finn was born. Missed opportunity, boo! ;)

8. Mel

May 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Ooh….Pick out the most obnoxious and expensive DSLR available. :) Lol….