eight months

You guys. This kid.

Audrey, 8 months

She’s a crawling, giggling, babbling, screeching, chubby ball of fury.

Audrey, 8 months

I have said lots of times that the first 6 months or so of babyhood are not my favorite. (I KNOW. BABY-HATER!) But I always thought that maybe it was just because Maggie was my first time around, it was a hard adjustment. There’s very little sleep to be had. Breastfeeding. Did I mention NO SLEEP? Wondering how the heck to entertain this tiny person for hours on end when they can’t… really DO anything.

I can say now that no, it wasn’t just the First Baby Thing. The first six-ish months? Honestly? They can bite me. Eight months is where it’s at.

As insane as this newly-mobile-baby phase is, I love everything it brings along with it. I love watching her explore. I love how she shovels food into her mouth with her chubby fingers like she hasn’t eaten in WEEKS. And then grins up at me with squash in her eyebrows. I love the way she smiles at us, like she KNOWS us, and not just “Hey, a person making goofy faces at me. Cool.”

The best part by far is watching her play with her sister. And maybe torturing Maggie by stealing her toys now that Audrey can go where she wants. MWAHAHAHA.

We can’t be sure just yet, but she may have waved today. Three times. It was unprompted and kind of random, but she was definitely waving her hand around slowly and deliberately, looking at me. It was adorable, even if it wasn’t meant as a wave (but we’ll pretend it was!)

I haven’t made a big deal out of it yet because I was afraid, but I think it’s safe to say: she’s over her reflux. Two weeks ago today, we gave her the last dose of medicine. And held our breath. She’s didn’t miss a beat and has been fine since. Better than fine- she is a SERIOUSLY Happy Baby. Compared to the first 4-5 months? I never dreamed we’d be here already. It seemed so far away.

But here we are. Eight months. Crawling. Silly. Chubbbbbbbby!

Audrey, 8 months

(seven months, six months, five months, four months, three months, two months, one month)

1. Katie

That arm/leg chub is KILLING. ME. Soooo cute. Happy 8 months Audrey! :)

May 15 8:11 pm

2. I think Anya was ready to be medicine free at 8 months, but I was paranoid and finished up her last bottle just before 9 months. She was perfectly fine so I think it’s safe to say you’re in the clear. Congrats. : )

May 15 8:12 pm

What a cutie!! She has really changed a lot since she was a newborn–especially her hair, it looks blonde now! And those blue eyes… you guys scored on the recessive eye color genes with both of your girls. :)

Love hearing that you get to enjoy lots of smiles and interaction now. Makes those earlier rough patches totally worth it!

May 15 8:29 pm

4. Carly
    @Virtualcarly

I am SOOO with you on the first 6 months thing.

May 15 8:35 pm

5. Those rolls on her thighs are killing me. KILLING ME. Ahh!

May 15 9:18 pm

6. Andrea
    @ajh_rigs

I already said it on FB, but I’ll say it here too: *nom*nom*nom*

I totally agree- the self-feeding, some-what mobile, easily entertained, interacting, regular sleep pattern infants is where it’s at!

May 15 9:32 pm

7. keli
    @kelihoskins

i agree on the first 6 months. or … apparently … the first 8.5 months here, lol. we need to get our girls on skype so that A can teach L how to get a move on. it’s GO TIME! ;)

she has the MOST beautiful peaches and cream complexion. with her blonde hair and blue eyes … she’s totally gorgeous, Jen. xo

May 15 10:37 pm

8. i’m not an infant lover either. once we hit six months or so? that shit was ON, i am in heaven.

she’s just as dear as can be. happy 8 months!

May 16 8:16 am

9. K
    @twoadults

She’s just so beautiful. Really.

May 16 9:36 am

10. Jessie
    @MrsCa

Adorable!

I find that every age/stage is my favorite, but will agree that the first six or so months are So! Hard!

May 16 9:50 am

11. Even though I’ve kinda loved the first six months, it’s good to hear that it could possibly even get better! Audrey is adorable – it’s awesome. Happy eight!

May 16 1:38 pm

12. Dave (Scrumpy Daddy)
    @scrumpydaddy

She’s adorable, Jen! And I love all the reactions you get from them around this age – you can tell they know you, and love interacting with you. It’s a very happy stage of life! :-)

May 16 1:38 pm

13. She’s such a cutie! You give me hope.. Because right now I’m in the throes of Refluxville.

May 16 3:40 pm

oh hang in there, Mama! It’ll be over before you know it!!!

May 16 4:31 pm

14. Sunshine
    @littlemisssun

Where does the time go? She’s looks like she’s just loving life. So fun. :)

May 17 1:40 pm