the joy of LOVE (days 8 through 10)

Maggie is the focus of these prompts- I basically just chased her around her bedroom with the camera while she played :)

the joy of LOVE, day 8: gift from the heart

There are hundreds of these all around the house, made especially for me. (and I confirmed it with the artist: that is, in fact, her butt. ?? KIDS. heh)

little artist

the joy of LOVE, day 9: passions and hobbies

At almost-4-years-old, her passion? DRESS UP CLOTHES.

showing off her dress

trunk full of magic

fairy princess

the joy of LOVE, day 10: space: where they are comfortable

Maggie has the kind of bedroom I would have KILLED FOR when I was a kid. It’s big and bright and has a comfy bed and a princess castle in the corner. What more could a girl want, really?

princess in her castle

the princess in her castle

peekaboo!

MAGGIE.

1. sparkyd

February 10, 2011 9:46 pm

OMG STOP IT. You’re going to make we want a girl. Says the mother of two little boys. Too precious.

2. sparkyd

February 10, 2011 9:47 pm

“Me”, I meant make “me” want to have a girl. Although “we” is sort of appropriate because my husband already does want one.

February 10, 2011 9:56 pm

These are perfect pictures to have of her, just being herself. :)

You get so much lovely natural light in your house!

February 10, 2011 9:57 pm

It was fun :)

Her room is amazing in the afternoon- four huge windows, facing west. And today… THE SUN WAS OUT, OMG!!!!! I opened the blinds and we were loving it!

4. Yasher

February 11, 2011 12:35 am

Great photos – that last one is priceless! LOL

5. Sako

February 11, 2011 12:44 am

Great captures! Makes me want to get a princess castle for my girls now!

6. Natalie

February 11, 2011 10:28 am

I wish I had my own princess suite too! Love your photos. :)

7. K

February 11, 2011 2:44 pm

That photo of her with the wand? She looks a lot like you there.

Do you carry a wand around? : )

8. Nat

February 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Aw she’s gorgeous and I love her name, was always on my list :D Might use it again if I have a 4th (yes I am nuts)

9. Meg

February 11, 2011 4:59 pm

These pictures are precious. I have three little girlies myself so princesses hold a special place in my heart. Great shots.

10. Dave (Scrumpy Daddy)

February 15, 2011 7:09 am

Great shots, and a beautiful subject! It’s awesome that you have so much natural light coming into her bedroom! Sounds like a great, bright place to play! (Although, I don’t relish the thought of summer bedtimes…)