(aka: I don’t have anything real to say but figured I should probably blog. heh)
I’ve been back to work for three weeks now, and I am JUST starting to feel like this is a normal routine. And yes, I realize I’m only working two days a week, but dude. It’s still crazy. Mostly because every day is a different thing- daycare for both kids! daycare for just one! both kids are home! grocery shopping with the baby! in the freezing cold! let me just answer this ONE WORK EMAIL while you entertain your sister, please!- so by the time Friday comes, I’m totally turned around and confused and completely exhausted.
Because of this, I feel like I’ve been a pretty sucky blogger lately. I’ve barely been keeping up with reading blogs, and even then it’s usually on my phone, while I’m pumping, late at night before bed. So commenting on all of your stories and posts pretty much hasn’t been happening. But! I’ve been reading! I love you all! You make me laugh and smile and cry and nod my head. SMOOCHES.
Things that have been happening:
1. Still the same situation as last week with the breastfeeding. Sometimes nursing, sometimes bottles, whatever. My supply seems to be hanging in there, so I’m happy about that. Day at a time. Thank you all so so much for your encouragement and stories on that subject- I sincerely mean that. This breastfeeding thing is hard for all of us. Reminding myself of that is incredibly helpful and keeps me going.
2. We painted the dining room. (crappy phone pic!)
By ‘we’, I mean me, Dan, and my mom in various shifts of painting, playing with Maggie and Audrey, feeding the baby, napping the baby. It’s amazing that one project and two kids takes three adults to manage. I MEAN, SERIOUSLY.
This is the before, by the way:
It took four coats of paint. And still needs a chair rail and the moulding cut and painted and nailed on. But I’m giving my aching legs and back and hands time to recover. Since when did painting become a full-body activity? (Answer: SINCE I BECAME OLD.)
3. HOW ‘BOUT DEM STILLERS?? (I never thought I’d see another Steeler Super Bowl appearance after we lost to Dallas when I was in high school, let alone two Super Bowl wins. And here we are, headed to the big game again. DUDE. ROCK ON.)
4. I realized the other day that I’ve been posting a lot of pictures and stories about Audrey lately and very little about that other kid of ours. I plan to rectify that very soon. (All good things about that kid lately. We are very very happy.) Until I get around to writing something coherent, here’s a picture of us before the Steeler game last night.
5. But of course, I can’t get through a post without including a picture of Audrey. Because REALLY. You guys.
You know your baby is growing up when she stops hating tummy time.
AND ALSO ROLLING OVER FRONT TO BACK, ZOMG.
I’m going to go ahead and pretend I didn’t hear the pediatrician tell me at her four month checkup that she wouldn’t be shocked to see Audrey scooting and crawling a little bit at her six month checkup, because she’s all strong and stuff. LA LA LA LA, I CAN’T HEAR YOU, DOCTOR WHO WANTS ME TO HAVE A PANIC ATTACK!!!