Audrey Lynn

Born September 14, 2010 at 11:42pm. 6lbs 11oz (same as her big sister at birth!), 19 1/2 inches long.

Audrey Lynn

Some info: newborns are hard. And awesome. And smell delicious.

Postpartum hormones make you crazy. Especially in the dark of night, or when mixed with Tired Preschooler and Mommy Guilt.

Being home is way better than the hospital.

See you after nap time.

1. Burgh Baby

September 17, 2010 9:49 am

Congratulations! She’s absolutely gorgeous!

In my Friday-brain-dead state, it took me entirely too long to figure out which way Dan’s face was situated in the photo. Or is it your face? KIDDING! (Love the pic, btw. SOOOO ADORABLE.)

2. red pen mama

September 17, 2010 9:50 am

She is beautiful, honey. Congratulations again.

Yeah, I remember that guilt thing with Kate. It was exacerbated for me because I was in the hospital for nearly 5 days. Flora rejected me outright in favor of her nonna, pap-pap, or daddy for TWO weeks. No lie. Don’t worry, even if you run into that with Maggie, she will come around, and she and Audrey will be great friends.

Enjoy your naps. And the newborn smell. And any help with laundry you get!

3. Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks

September 17, 2010 9:52 am

Postpartum hormones make you crazy? Oh dear … because these prenatal hormones delivered a dose of the crazy last night. Crying because … I can? I have tear ducts? I’m certifiable? Something of the sort. But, that’s neither here nor there. Audrey is beautiful and I’m so glad to hear you’re both resting (?) at home. Congrats!

4. pseudostoops

September 17, 2010 9:59 am

Oh, she is so lovely! Glad you’re all safe and comfy at home!

5. Jenn

September 17, 2010 10:03 am

Congrats!!! She is a doll and I love the name! Don’t remind me about the postpartum hormones…my poor husband. He thinks pregnancy hormones are bad…add in sleepless nights and he’s in trouble! (You’d think he’d know by the 3rd time around but he forgets)

6. Korinna

September 17, 2010 10:03 am

I was ALWAYS a Weepy Willy at night. And sweaty. Gah.

7. Chelsea

September 17, 2010 10:10 am

Congratulations! Audrey is such a sweet name. I love it! I’ve been thinking about you and hoping everything, besides the hefty dose of hormones, is going well!

8. Athena

September 17, 2010 10:12 am

She’s gorgeous! So glad there was way less drama this time and that you are home so fast (btw – jealous of how fast you got home… c/section = in hospital for daySSSS…. )

9. Jessie

September 17, 2010 10:18 am

What a fabulous and adorable picture! She’s beautiful. Congratulations once again!

10. Candace

September 17, 2010 10:18 am

She’s beautiful!! I think she looks a lot like Maggie but maybe that’s because of the newborn puffy-face? She’s sweet! I totally understand the post-pregnancy hormones.. UGH they suck!! Congratulations to you, Dan and Maggie!! Sooo fun to watch your family grow.

11. San

September 17, 2010 10:23 am

Congratulations. She’s beautiful!

12. Cari

September 17, 2010 10:31 am

She’s beautiful and congratulations to the whole family!

13. Twinmamateb

September 17, 2010 11:02 am

She’s perfect! Congrats again

14. Pocklock

September 17, 2010 11:28 am

I am equal parts elated for you and insanely jealous that you have a baby to snuggle and I’m still waddling!

Jen, she’s beautiful and perfect and is so, so loved.

Congrats to you, Dan and Maggie.

xo

15. Laura

September 17, 2010 11:42 am

Beautiful. Perfect. Congratulations!

I think it needs to be easier the second time around, so if you say otherwise I am NEVER EVER EVER even considering it. Because as we all know the first time almost killed me! :)

16. AndreAnna

September 17, 2010 12:08 pm

WAAHOOOO!!!

Maggie will be fine – better, she will thrive – being a big sister. No guilt, lady. Now go nap.

17. Jennifer

September 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Congratulations!! I love the name you guys picked out for your new little girl!

18. keli

September 17, 2010 1:44 pm

congratulations, mama — you rock!!! she is absolutely beautiful. <3

19. Jaime

September 17, 2010 2:59 pm

So lovely! And love the name. Just remember that she will grow up (get easier) and big sister will get used to her. I try to think of my girls as adults and how glad they will be to have each other when they’re planning my funeral! (hopefully! ha!)

20. Allison

September 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Beautiful photo. And even more beautiful baby. Congrats to all of you!

21. Susan Helene Gottfried

September 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Mazel Tov, lady. Remember, I’m not that far away, so if you need anything, holler. My time is my own and I’ll do what I can for a fellow Burgh Mom.

September 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Perfect baby, perfect name, perfect family. So happy for all of you. :)

23. Katie

September 17, 2010 4:01 pm

Congratulations Jen & family :) She is beautiful!!!

24. Sara @ Belle Plaine

September 17, 2010 4:23 pm

Congrats!!! A beautiful name for a beautiful baby girl.

25. Janet

September 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Congratulations! She is so adorable. :) And I love the name you’ve picked for her.

26. Sheila

September 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Precious. Congrats and hang in there!

27. Stephine

September 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Congrats Jen and family, she’s gorgeous! :)

28. sparkyd

September 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Yay!! Such a gorgeous family, the whole bunch of you. I agree, home is better than the hospital. Big big congratulations; can’t wait to watch all the new baby fun. ;)

29. the ambitious mrs

September 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Yay!!! Love her name, we almost named our 2nd that name!!!

30. Rougie

September 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Congrats! She’s precious and gorgeous and wee and just all kinds of delicious!

31. Kate

September 18, 2010 12:46 am

She is just perfect! Congratulations!

32. Karen

September 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Congratulations, she is absolutely adorable!

33. Stefanie

September 23, 2010 8:44 am

Welcome, Audrey! She is so beautiful!

…and may I steel her name?! I can never think of the perfect girl’s name but this might just be the one! :)