I believe the word you are looking for is: WHOA.

This is what 32 weeks pregnant looks like:

32 weeks

Do I look tired? Last week at my appointment, the first thing the doctor said when he walked in was “You look tired!”

Um. Well. Do you SEE that three-year-old over there in the corner playing with that sticker book? Have you stepped outside lately into the hot summer weather? DO YOU SEE THE SIZE OF MY STOMACH? YES I’M KINDA TIRED, THANKS.

Some updates on all things pregnancy and baby:

The room is nearing completion! Dan finished the closet this weekend, got the closet doors back up, and I went through the washed clothes and put them in drawers. The glider/ottoman chair is assembled (LOVE. IT.) and now we just have to arrange the furniture how we want it and decorate the walls. (also: hunting for a rug, which is turning out to be more difficult than I thought.) Then- THEN!- I will take pictures. Promise! For now, just know that: I love it. So so much.

We have this little girl’s name narrowed down to two choices. But we’re not sharing (sorry!) Partly because we simply aren’t going to know ourselves for sure until she’s born and we see her, and also because I just don’t want to share (neener! neener!) You see, EVERYONE has opinions on names and I’ve heard horror stories about rude comments when mothers-to-be share their painstakingly-searched-for-and-selected name for their beloved babies. And I think it’s a lot harder to say not-so-nice things about name choices when that name is attached to an Actual Person, rather than the theoretical ‘baby’, you know? Not that I think most of the people in our lives would say anything mean to us about our name choice, even if they didn’t like it- but you never know. Plus, since we already know she’s a girl, at least the name can be a surprise for everyone, right?

As of last Tuesday, I have gained 28 pounds. So basically- 30 pounds. Honestly… I’m trying to figure out WHERE IT ALL IS. I mean, obviously my belly is big (and my boobs are OUT OF CONTROL, YOU GUYS. DOUBLE-LETTER OUT OF CONTROL.) But my face isn’t nearly as puffy as it was with Maggie, when I gained 40 pounds, and my arms and legs are nearly the same size as they were 8 months ago. Here’s me at 30 weeks and 35 weeks with Maggie, just to compare. I don’t know. I definitely feel less frumpy this time. More pain in my hips and stuff, but now with less back fat! I guess I’ll call that a win! (WHERE’S MY ICE CREAM??)

So we’re heading into the home stretch. Pretty soon, it won’t be just Dan, Jen, and Maggie. It’ll be Dan, Jen, and THE GIRLS.

Eight weeks to go.

1. “the girls” sounds so much cuter than “the kids”. ;)
    LOVE your picture – you do look cute – i wonder if being huge during winter vs summer has anything to do with feeling frumpy?

by the way, i think only a male doctor would say “you look tired” to a pregnant woman.

Aug 2 6:01 pm

I think that might be part of it- the winter/summer thing. That, plus starting 10lbs less this time around. But still, I don’t at all feel like I’ve gained 30lbs! Which I guess is a good thing :)

Aug 2 7:47 pm

2. Becca
    @beccasanborn

You still look fantastic for being pregnant!

I don’t even want to know what my boobs will do when I’m pregnant, because I’m naturally beyond where you are pregnant. *shudders to think about it*

Aug 2 6:02 pm

You are the cutest pregnant woman. Seriously.

Dan, Jen, and THE GIRLS = <3
    So awesome. Can't wait. :)

Aug 2 6:14 pm

I think Dan might have a heart attack seeing those words in print for the first time. LOL

Aug 2 7:48 pm

4. Elizabeth
    @ElizabethMelle

Yowza, mommy! But you look great.

And I’m with Becca on the boobs thing. Though my husband is beyond thrilled at the prospect. Men, heh.

Aug 2 6:14 pm

5. C @ Kid Things
    @kidthingsnet

Aw, you look great! My pregnancies were the few times I actually felt OK about my body. Probably because I could eat all the ice cream I wanted and reason it was all “for the baby”. I almost wish I was pregnant again so I could use that excuse again.

Aug 2 6:31 pm

6. Pingback: Tweets that mention I believe the word you are looking for is: WHOA. | jayesel -- Topsy.com

7. Karen
    @dreamoncemore

I think you look great! And your bump looks really cute.

Aug 2 7:33 pm

8. Korinna
    @twoadults

I think you look great. Really.

And to make you feel a bit better…with Ezra, I gained 65 pounds. Girl, I was almost 200 pounds. It was a pregnancy based on waffles and coffee cake and chocolate milk.

Aug 2 7:42 pm

But… you’re so LITTLE!!!! I can’t picture you gigantic and pregnant! Just proof that it DOES come off eventually :)

I weighed more than Dan last time, and I’m about ready to pass him again. This is what happens when your husband is kind of a small dude. ha

Aug 2 7:50 pm

9. Kate
    @katekono

You look adorable!

Aug 2 8:05 pm

10. Mel
    @overdramaticmel

You look like you’re more belly this time around. :) So cute. :)

Aug 2 8:26 pm

11. I hear ya on the boob thing. Good HEAVENS!!!! I’ve got enough normally and I know I’ll go up another size (making that at least a 2 size jump) after he’s born. My husband is in heaven. If being pregnant didn’t = more babies, I’d be knocked up all the time just for the boob job! HA! Men. Seriously, though it’s a pain. I’ve had a lot more upper back pain this time and that’s why. And I HATE how much I have to spend on decent bras. I just hope they go back to normal!
    Way cute preggo lady. You look phenomenal!

Aug 2 8:57 pm

12. Amanda
    @shameleslysassy

You are rocking some impressively thin arms for a pregnant lady. I’ll tell you that much.

Aug 3 2:27 am

13. Jennifer
    @3weasels

Big yes, but in the right places. Your face is not the least bit puffy from the picture.

We didn’t tell anyone our baby names until the recovery room. The comments from everyone would have annoyed me and it is a fun little secret for the two of you. Scott called Juliana at preschool – she was the first person to know the boys’ names.

Aug 3 12:43 pm

14. sparkyd

I just had to join the chorus and say that you look fantastic. I’m also glad I’m not the only woman that finds simple things hard when pregnant. I can remember watching a very pregnant woman out for a walk with her family when I was pregnant the first time (I was in my car). I was so jealous because I couldn’t even walk down the street without dealing with serious back pain. And of course that didn’t get better the second time around what with the little one running around. That time I was just always sad at the end because I couldn’t play with him the way I wanted to. Sucked.

Aug 3 9:02 pm

oh I KNOW. We went to the hospital tour last week and all these pregnant ladies were there, just happily jaunting down the hallways. Then there was me, practically DRAGGING my bum leg/hip behind me, walking super-slow. And one of them had her 2 year old daughter with her, so I know it wasn’t just because it was her first pregnancy! And yes, most days I feel like all I do is tell Maggie ‘No, Mommy can’t do that right now, my belly is too big.’ and it makes me feel so bad :(

Aug 3 9:50 pm

15. Meh, weight smeight…the numbers don’t mean anything. You look AMAZING. I gained about 45lbs with my last pregnancy. Ahem.

Wow…8 weeks! Woot! It IS weird to start saying ‘the girls’ (or ‘the boys’!)…but you get used to it pretty quickly, then wonder how on earth you ever thought any differently!

Aug 8 12:17 pm