milestones, ahoy!

(First of all- I TOTALLY missed that my last post was #1,000 here at jayesel.net! *throws confetti* Here’s to 1,000 more posts of rambling nonsense!)

Speaking of milestones, we had a big one around our house this week. In three years, Maggie’s bedroom has gone from this:

baby's room

to this:

big girl bed!

and now to this:

Maggie's Big Girl Room

Maggie's Big Girl Room

She picked out the bedding all by herself. I tried to sway her toward a few I liked better, but the girl was set on STRIPES! and POLKA DOTS! Maggie is a kid who knows what she wants. I don’t know where she gets that trait…

(there are stripes on the sheets, you just can’t see them because I… MADE THE BED. I know. I’m so Martha!)

The crib is put back together and moved into the baby’s room, along with the two old dressers we re-purposed when I was pregnant with Maggie. They need a little bit of TLC to touch up some chipped paint, but they will do for another nursery.

I also have a list of a thousand things to get for Maggie’s room- mainly some curtains, wall decor and some shelves because those walls are BARE!- and I need to move a few things that were already hanging on the walls (those letters, for example) Once we get the baby’s room painted, I’m going to try to convince Maggie to let me tone down the pink walls in her room a little bit. It’s kind of… blinding.

I’m pretty sure Maggie likes her new bed. So far, every day since, she hasn’t wanted to get out of it in the mornings. She slept until 8am on Thursday.

I’m not complaining. !!!!

1. Lizzie

June 19, 2010 6:49 am

Oh wow, I totally LOVE that colour scheme. I used to love my bedroom when I was a kid – my dad, who is a fab artist, painted a mural of Bambi and Cinderella on my bedroom wall. Would it be wrong to want that mural on my wall at 21?! ;)

2. Kate

June 19, 2010 8:16 am

I just bought that same furniture for our guest bedroom. Only got the nightstand and chest of drawers, but I love it! Maggie’s room is too cute!

June 20, 2010 10:17 am

That’s why we were fans of this set- it’s timeless and ageless, not a ‘little girl’ bed that she’ll grow out of again by the time she’s 8. She can use it until she moves out (*sob!*) and we can just swap out bedding & decor to make things more grown up for her. MUCH better than buying new furniture every 5 years!

3. bluzdude

June 19, 2010 12:41 pm

Congrats on the longevity.

Now really, are you sure you’re not having another baby just to provide more material?

4. san

June 19, 2010 2:51 pm

I love her new room. So girly-like :)

5. kirida

June 19, 2010 11:45 pm

This is wonderful! Awww, I wish I had girls so I could have some actual color in this house and not the blue/gray/neutral palette that comes with most things “boy.”

6. Caity

June 20, 2010 9:59 am

It is super adorable and I love it!! :D

7. Dave

June 21, 2010 12:03 pm

It looks great! It’s amazing watching our kids get older and bigger and more capable and have their associated stuff all get more mature with them.

No matter; They’ll always be “our babies,” right?

8. Amanda

June 22, 2010 12:57 am

She did such a good job picking out the bedding.