25 weeks (alternate title: WE ARE SO SCREWED.)

So I don’t have a new belly shot for this milestone (though there are plenty of pictures of my growing stomach in our beach pictures from last week) But I do have some pictures from my follow-up sonogram yesterday afternoon (Note on that: my placenta has moved up so no more placenta previa worries! Hooray for that!)

25 Weeks

25 Weeks

Now, it’s funny, because last night on Twitter, Jonniker posted about how all babies look the same on ultrasounds but us moms-to-be still get all weepy over OUR BAYBEES, OMG! And really, she’s right. Mostly. I had been thinking about this for most of the afternoon, how all of my sonograms up to this point were very… disconnected, because even though I KNOW that’s my baby in there, I also have a hard time recognizing anything truly personal in there.

HOWEVER. This one blew my mind.

25 Weeks

Because seriously? It looks just like Maggie when she’s sleeping. The chin, the mouth, and even the little hand up by her face. IT’S LIKE MAGGIE JUNIOR IN THERE!

And maybe it’s my Mommy-hormones talking, but for the first time EVER during a sonogram, I got a little weepy. I was able to connect to that (still miles away from being named) baby girl in there (and yes, got double confirmation on that, as well) because I saw something recognizable. Not just gray and black blurry limbs flailing and an alien-looking face staring back at me.

My daughter. Who looks exactly like her sister.

Outer Banks vacation

1. Crystal

June 17, 2010 9:44 am

Lock the doors.
    Dan needs a shotgun for Father’s Day.

2. Burgh Baby

June 17, 2010 11:49 am

I would like to go on the record as saying I think this little girl will have straight dark hair. Oh yes, I do.

June 17, 2010 12:30 pm

We’ve been wondering about that- the blond curls. Like maybe they’ll look alike except for the hair, you know? I think that would be fun :)

3. Laura

June 17, 2010 12:09 pm

Seriously, you thought she WOULDNT be as cute? Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn.

4. Mel

June 17, 2010 12:49 pm

I thought the same thing about the hair. Maybe she’ll have darker hair. :) My 2nd nephew was born a couple of weeks ago…looks JUST like his older brother. But has darker hair. I hope the darker hair sticks on him! :)

5. Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks

June 17, 2010 2:04 pm

You know, I never was one to get excited to see other people’s ultrasounds. I mean, I am excited for my pregnant friends, but I want to hear it in their voice, see it in their eyes … I don’t need a photo to feel excited about what’s to come for my friends.

And the same kind of held true for my ultrasounds so far. I mean, it’s cool to see there is something in there (I feel ya on that disconnect). And it’s really cool to see my husband’s face as he’s looking at the images. But, the actual photos themselves – meh. I don’t get a fluttery heart. I don’t get weepy.

That said, I have two more trimesters to reverse course. =)

6. bluzdude

June 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Not that the baby isn’t going to be adorable, but I’m simply amazed at the advances in the technology that allows us all to see such a sight.

June 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Oh my word. That has to be the cutest ultrasound picture ever.

At my 38-wk ultrasound, and even when he was first born, I thought Andrew looked just like Oliver. Now? Total opposites, in practically every way. It’s really cool though.

So you never know… Maggie looks a lot like Dan, so maybe this little girly will look more like you? Either way, you’re in trouble. :) I think you’ll find the most mind blowing part of the cuteness is watching your kids TOGETHER…