Maggie’s little sister

That’s right, my friends: we’re having another girl.

Baby Girl #2!

She says hello!

Baby Girl #2!

I have to admit, I’m surprised. I really thought it was going to be a boy, simply because the way I have felt since peeing on that stick back in January? Very different than the first time around. From different food cravings to energy levels to my hair color changing to my face breaking out like mad to Super Dry Skin to Super Sore Boobs to only gaining a few pounds so far… very different. But, I’m confident the ultrasound tech was right. Even Dan and I could tell before she said anything. We got a couple of really good butt-shots of the kid (no pictures of that though, but we have video!) so it was pretty obvious.

(Also: besides finding out the gender, everything else went great! All the fingers and toes and legs and arms and kidneys and brain, everything looks good. Due date is the same as far as I know- 9/26- and she was jumping around like maniac in there.)

Maggie has already named the baby Cinderella. And when she waved to the baby on the monitor at the office? I NEARLY DIED FROM THE CUTE.

I’m excited. Dan is considering a lobotomy. But I think he’s excited too. I would have been happy with a boy, but the more I think about having another little girl in our family, the more I feel It’s Right. Probably just because I’m familiar with having a girl and having a boy was something very abstract in my mind and a little bit scary, but I think Maggie having a little sister will be perfect. I’m looking forward to re-using some of the adorable clothes she wore only once or twice (poor second kid gets all the hand-me-downs! heh) and I’m really anxious to start planning the nursery.

1. Burgh Baby

April 29, 2010 4:23 pm

I don’t care if you do override Maggie, I’m calling that kid “Cindy.” It’s a done deal.
    .-= Burgh Baby’s last blog post: The Bomb Went Off and It Was Filled With Glitter and Rainbows =-.

2. Sarah Lena

April 29, 2010 4:23 pm

I suck so hard at reading ultrasounds, so I LOVE pictures where I can actually be 100% sure of what I’m looking at. That said? I LOVE THE HAND PICTURE. She’s totally waving back!

April 29, 2010 4:32 pm

The ultrasound tech did a great job getting some good shots where we weren’t all ‘um… WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY BABY?? SHE HAS NO HEAD????!?!?!’ heh It was extra good because Maggie could understand what she was seeing, too.

3. Danielle

April 29, 2010 4:29 pm

What a little princess! Maybe Maggie is on to something. ;-)

4. Laura

April 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Beautiful pictures! Congratulations on girl #2!
    .-= Laura’s last blog post: to what purpose, april? =-.

5. C @ Kid Things

April 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Congratulations on the girl! That hand is an awesome shot.
    .-= C @ Kid Things’s last blog post: Bounty, Brawny, No Idea =-.

6. Athena

April 29, 2010 4:49 pm

congratulations on baby girl #2!

i’ve been secretly hoping that everyone i know that’s pregnant, has boys – so i can swap some boy clothes for some really cute girl clothes… alas, everyone else is having girls too… ;)

April 29, 2010 4:51 pm

Congratulations!! :) SO happy to hear all is well with baby. And I bet Maggie will love having a little sister!

8. Becca

April 29, 2010 5:22 pm

.-= Becca’s last blog post: On the weekend… =-.

9. janet

April 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Yay!! So happy for you guys. I think 2 girls is just perfect for your family. I know you and your sister can relate :)

Important question: Do we get to play the baby name game with you? Cause I have some ideas!! (Not that you asked…lol!)

April 29, 2010 8:43 pm

YES! We haven’t given any thought to names at all yet (other than Cinderella, of course!) so we’re starting with a blank slate. Any and all suggestions are welcome :)

10. san

April 29, 2010 7:49 pm

So exciting!

My sister just had a little boy… (she already has a girl)… and I loved that she has a ” couple” now…but on the other hand, Maggie is going to have a sister and this is at least just as precious! :)

Sisterhood is so special!
    .-= san’s last blog post: On who I am right now =-.

11. Jaime

April 29, 2010 9:46 pm

Ah! We have two little girls and they are already such sweet sisters. I love having a sister myself. Enjoy the time you have left with just one because having the 2nd one is a whole new ballgame! :)

12. No Princesses Here

April 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Congratulations on your healthy little Cinderella!
    .-= No Princesses Here’s last blog post: Deep Breaths =-.

13. Judi

April 29, 2010 11:15 pm

Maybe they’ll grow up to be Jen and Michelle!

14. the ambitious mrs

April 29, 2010 11:24 pm

I know from experience how fun it is to see all your old girl clothes on a new baby – it makes me happy every time! Congratulations!
    .-= the ambitious mrs’s last blog post: Things are Looking Up, Way Up =-.

15. Pingback: Tweets that mention Maggie’s little sister | jayesel | a woman, a toddler, a husband, and a business. what could possibly go wrong? --

16. Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks

April 30, 2010 8:05 am

I’m just glad to hear you’ve got a healthy fetus on your hands. Congrats!
    .-= Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks’s last blog post: Replay =-.

17. Korinna

April 30, 2010 8:33 am

The little hand picture! Oh my goodness!

So, so happy everything looks great!
    .-= Korinna’s last blog post: Straight up now tell me** =-.

18. bluzdude

April 30, 2010 8:58 am

Cindy’s giving you a high-five!
    .-= bluzdude’s last blog post: A League of Our Own =-.

19. bessie.viola

April 30, 2010 10:09 am

Oh, how exciting! Congrats on your sweet new baby girl!

I LOVE the hand picture. She was totally waving at her big sis. :)
    .-= bessie.viola’s last blog post: swimming =-.

20. Pocklock

April 30, 2010 10:24 am

YAY! How sweet are those photos!?! I have to admit, I want two little girls so badly and I just know that this one is a boy. And I will cry. CRY REAL TEARS, I TELL YOU. I’m terrified of boys. TERRIFIED! TEARS! GAH!

We find out for sure on May 28th.

Congratulations to you on having two little pink babies that will be the MOH’s in each other’s weddings and total BFF’s (you know, when they’re done fighting over Barbie’s).

.-= Pocklock’s last blog post: Dear Lyla – Month 20 =-.

21. Mel

April 30, 2010 10:29 am

Congrats Jen! :D
    .-= Mel’s last blog post: The Hood’s 21 day Challenge =-.

22. Madhuri

April 30, 2010 11:19 am

Congrats…great news..hearing all the excitement makes me want to have one more…my son is 2 now. I would want a little brother for him…:-)

23. samantha jo campen

April 30, 2010 1:19 pm

.-= samantha jo campen’s last blog post: Chariots of Fire =-.

24. Carmen

April 30, 2010 1:26 pm

Ohhhh, that is a very very cute little hand – all phlanges present and accounted for! We have footprints from our ultrasound with Kieran and it’s my favourite picture from both pregnancies.

25. Carmen

April 30, 2010 1:28 pm

Umm, that would be phalanges. Ooops.

26. Kelly

May 1, 2010 11:09 am

Hello, little girl! You’ve got an awesome big sister to follow around!
    .-= Kelly’s last blog post: Eleven / The Story =-.

27. Erika

May 1, 2010 11:34 am

Congratulations! I can only imagine how special it is going to be for Maggie to have a little sister to share the things she enjoyed at those ages with as they get older. It’s adorable how excited Maggie is about it. I know when I went in for my ultrasound with Anya, my 6 year old sister might have disowned me if it had been a boy. She was determined that it was going to be a girl or ELSE. The whole time the tech was talking about how everything looked, she just kept asking if it was a girl. Kids.
    .-= Erika’s last blog post: Daddy’s Girl =-.

28. Stefanie

May 1, 2010 10:45 pm

Congrats!!! Maggie will be the cutest big sister and Baby#2 will be the cutest little sister!!! :)
    .-= Stefanie’s last blog post: A calling. =-.

29. red pen mama

May 3, 2010 1:19 pm

Having two girls is great! They become such co-conspirators — and drive each other a little crazy. Thus is the way of sisters. Congrats!
    .-= red pen mama’s last blog post: I’m Pregnant =-.