it’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine, it’s summertime

I seem to have lost my blogging mojo in recent weeks. I’m not entirely sure why. Actually- that’s not true. It’s a combination of things, I think. Spring weather, meaning more time playing outside with Maggie and the neighbors, leading to less time in the evenings for computer tinkering. And when we are settled in for the night after Maggie goes to bed, we’re usually watching something on tv (GO PENGUINS!) And I spend at least 3 days a week, ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY, on the computer for work, so sometimes it’s just nice to unplug for a few hours.

Or… you know, I’m pregnant, so I’m sometimes falling asleep by 9:30.

It happens.

ANYWAY. Other than my belly growing, my kid being kinda sorta maybe almost potty trained (it’s a process, people. a very messy, wet, sometimes stinky process.), and just general attempts at relaxation after a full month of Party Planning, we’re gearing up for summer. Our last 5 months before Baby Number makes his or her appearance, so they’d better be good ones!

1. VACATION. Six weeks from right now, we’ll be in the Outer Banks. Sure, I might not be looking forward to squeezing my pregnant-self into a bathing suit, but on the bright side, we’re going to have MULTIPLE GRANDPARENTS on vacation with us. And only one grandchild present. HOLLA!

2. Baby room. On Thursday, we are hope hope hoping that this baby will expose his or herself to us so we can know how we should decorate the room (it’s blue now, but a HORRIBLE, dark, glossy blue, so either way, that sucker’s getting repainted.) I haven’t given much thought to many of the things that come along with babies- the fun things, like picking a name, decorating the room, buying little outfits- but I’m pretty sure that once I know Boy Or Girl (or, if we find out we’ll have to wait until September to find out), that will be my Go Signal to get down to business. WOO!

3. Dining room. HA! I know. I’m insane. But I have in my head that I’ll have the time and energy to not only paint and decorate a room for the baby, but also our dining room. Not alone, of course- my mom is a Good Painter and helped with the living room, and I’m pretty sure I can convince her to help out. Some ideas: this one, this one, or this one (LOVE the moulding on the last one! but that will probably come later)

4. Resting. After ALL OF THAT, we will rest. Enjoy our last weeks and months as parents of our baby girl, before she becomes a Big Sister and we become parents of TWO KIDS. ack!

So, what are your summer plans?

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention it’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine, it’s summertime | jayesel | a woman, a toddler, a husband, and a business. what could possibly go wrong? -- Topsy.com

2. HIS-self :)

Apr 27 1:41 am

3. The landing at our old house was pretty much exactly like photo #3. That molding? Not that hard to do. Really.
    .-= Burgh Baby’s last blog post: His Life is Just SO Horrible =-.

Apr 27 9:23 am

We did that same thing in our old house, actually! Except it was much more complicated than it will be this time, because we had to put thin wood up first to cover the massive holes in the drywall left after tearing down the BURLAP WALLPAPER (no, I am not kidding.) So yeah. It will be a breeze this time- but probably an After The Baby Comes Project next spring :)

Apr 27 9:58 am

4. Korinna
    @twoadults

Oh! Oh! We really wanted a red dining room too, but went with a red bedroom instead. Given how much red paint our bedroom required, I’m glad of glad but I still LOVE the look of the red walls with the white trim.

Post before/afters if you do!
    .-= Korinna’s last blog post: Grabby Patty meet Pistol Pete =-.

Apr 27 10:26 am

I have always wanted a red dining room, but at our old house it was connected to the kitchen and I didn’t really want to carry the red through to that space. The new house will work perfectly- just enough red to have impact when you walk in the house (dining room is the first room on the right) but not so much that people are scared. LOL And of course befores and afters are a must!

Apr 27 2:53 pm

1. Awesomeness.

2. The first thing I thought of was a GG episode we saw last week, where Human Kirk was talking about how Cat Kirk hadn’t “exposed” him- or her- self to him yet, and Lorelai saying, “Well, here’s hoping your cat exposes itself to you soon!” So, here’s hoping your baby exposes itself to you Thursday! LOL :) I’ll be so happy for you just to hear Baby is healthy though. Finding out the gender would just be icing on the cake. The only bad thing is, I’ll be working all day (no internet access) so I’ll be the last one to know… boo.

3. If you ever get tired of being a web designer, you could always be an interior designer. You really have great taste!

4. There is not enough rest. Ever. Sometimes I laugh at how hard I thought it was with one kid!
    .-= Melissa’s last blog post: just an ordinary day =-.

Apr 27 2:48 pm

LOL! I just watched that episode yesterday, wasn’t that the Thanksgiving one? One of my favorites. I love Kirk. And drunk Sookie: “Am I laughing or crying?… GOOD!”

And honestly, most days with Maggie? Are kind of easy lately. Sure, there’s the occasional tantrum and the fact that I just spent an hour running up and down the stairs trying to get her settled in for a nap (she needed a band-aid. she peed on the potty. she had to poop on the potty- but she was too late so CLEAN UP, AISLE FIVE. etc etc) but overall, the extra time I have these days is amazing. She plays by herself A LOT which is awesome. I am living. it. up. dude. Because that time is going to be oh-so-precious in another couple of months ;)

Apr 27 2:57 pm

6. I’m falling asleep by 9:30 most days, and I’m not pregnant. Of course, the 6 month old that my pregnancy resulted in pushes me in that direction. So, as you know from experience, 9:30 won’t feel too early for quite some time. I’m usually dying if I stay up until 11 because my husband wants to spend time with me after working all day. I just want to sleep.
    .-= Erika’s last blog post: The Dilemma =-.

Apr 28 9:51 pm

ha- yes. I’m pretty sure my husband isn’t pregnant, and he was falling asleep on the couch last night before 9:30. KIDS ARE EXHAUSTING! :)

Apr 28 10:21 pm