inaccurate data

Many of you have responded in shock and surprise at my mention in yesterday’s post that I’ve only gained 2 pounds so far in this pregnancy. Honestly, I was shocked too! But I also figure there is still PLENTY of time to make up for it, considering that at least 15 or so pounds of the 40 I gained with Maggie came in the last month or so. And it was mostly ice cream’s fault.

However, confession: I should have weighed myself yesterday before writing that post. So this morning, I got out the scale and weighed myself (always weigh at the same time of day, dontcha know?) And there are some new numbers that have come in…

FIVE pounds.

So there. Don’t hate me for supplying you with the wrong information. I was working with old data, and my lab assistant is totally getting fired.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention inaccurate data | jayesel | a woman, a toddler, a husband, and a business. what could possibly go wrong? -- Topsy.com

LOL Jen you crack me up. We’re all a bit jealous but we still love ya, whether you gained two pounds or five pounds. Now go feed your belly. ;)
    .-= Melissa’s last blog post: contact =-.

Apr 21 9:24 am

haha :) I guess the scientist in me just wants to make sure everything is on the up-and-up. (And honestly, I’m pretty much not even concerned about my weight gain- I figure it can’t be worse than the first time around, and even if it is- I know I can lose it all again!)

Apr 21 9:30 am

• Melissa

That’s right, your baby’s healthy and that’s all that matters! :)

If weight wasn’t such a problem for me, I might be open to having a third kid. Isn’t that a horribly superficial way to think? lol… I know it’s sad but it’s definitely a big factor in my case.

Have some ice cream for me this summer! ;)
        .-= Melissa’s last blog post: contact =-.

Apr 21 2:43 pm

3. Jane
    @seejane

yeah, jealous! and I actually lost weight in the last month with Charlie… dr. said it can be normal.
    .-= Jane’s last blog post: Grilled Pizza with Sausage, Onions and Peppers =-.

Apr 21 10:36 am

4. two pounds….five pounds….that’s still craziness! :)
    .-= Jenn’s last blog post: Jewelry =-.

Apr 21 2:30 pm

5. sparkyd

Well I don’t think it’s crazy at all because it sounds like you are having the same experience I had with #2. I gained about 50 lbs with #1 (I was only around 120 to start with), and had lost most of that before getting pregnant again. I gained about half as much the second time around, and it wasn’t because I was making an effort to do so. It was just different. Different kind of nausea that didn’t require constant eating in the first trimester, not as much opportunity for lying around and sleeping (due to toddler), chasing aforementioned toddler, nasty flu at end of second trimester (lost the few pounds I had gained), plus a few other factors I won’t bore you with. Different. Yet people still thought I was totally huge and was going to “pop” at any minute a month or two before my actual due date. But the second one was a week late, same as the first. ;)

Apr 21 11:24 pm

• sparkyd

Oh, and the 2nd one was perfectly healthy and came out a little heavier than the first one (#1 – 9 lbs 6 oz; #2 – 10 lbs 1 oz) so no correlation to my weight gain happening there!

Apr 21 11:27 pm

6. Mel
    @overdramaticmel

Those darn lab assistants. :)
    .-= Mel’s last blog post: passenger-side confessionals =-.

Apr 22 9:21 am