Maggie snippets

Maggie loves to watch me put my makeup on in the mornings, and I let her play with an old (mostly empty) compact of pressed powder of mine. She watches as I slather my face with foundation and concealer, as I paint my eyelashes with ‘bascara’, and as I pink up my cheeks with blush. One morning as I was attempting (unsuccessfully) to cover up a few rather large blemishes (THANK YOU, PREGNANCY!), she says ‘Is dat for your pimples?’ ‘Yes’, I said. ‘Oh. I have nice skin. It smews like stwa-bewwies. *reaches out her arm* Wanna smell it?’

This morning at the breakfast table, she farted. LOUDLY. And kind of grossly. I said, ‘MAGGIE! That was yucky!’

She smiled and said, ‘I have a skid mark!’

Over the weekend while Dan and his dad were getting started on building her swingset, we were watching them from up on our deck. She yelled down to Dan’s dad, ‘Pap-Pap, you’re building it wrong!’

We’re having our contractor-dude neighbors install overhead lights and ceiling fans in all of our upstairs rooms. (CANNOT WAIT!) They came over a week or so ago to check things out, and they have been here the past two nights working. Maggie calls them The Fan Boys.

While all of the chaos was happening out in our yard during the Swingset Extravaganza, Maggie and I were inside having a snack. The little boy (he’s 3 1/2) from up the street came into our yard with his dad, and he and Maggie were talking through the window. For like TEN MINUTES. You guys, she’s already having BOYS COME TO THE WINDOWS TO SEE HER.

Potty training is in full-swing at our house (WILL NOT JINX IT BY POSTING ANYTHING SPECIFIC HERE.) Last week after breakfast, Maggie started making… that face. You know the one. It took some convincing, but Dan got her to get up and run to the bathroom. On the way, he yelled, ‘Hurry! Squeeze those cheeks!’

So she put her hands on her face and squeezed as she ran.

Oh, these were the best Maggie snippets yet! I literally burst out laughing at the skid mark one and the cheeks one, and George now thinks I’m a loon. Well, more of a loon.

Just wait until there are TWO to write snippets about. :)
    .-= Melissa’s last blog post: losing it: update #3 =-.

Apr 6 10:10 pm

oh she has been on a roll lately. After I published, I thought of like 5 more funny things she’s said or done. It never stops! LOL

Apr 6 11:01 pm

2. Pingback: Tweets that mention Maggie snippets | jayesel | a woman, a toddler, a husband, and a business. what could possibly go wrong? -- Topsy.com

3. samantha jo campen
    @samanthajcampen

Yeah the skid mark one got me. And the cheek one.

I envisioned the boy talking to her through the window and died a little inside.
    .-= samantha jo campen’s last blog post: Considering a polygraph =-.

Apr 6 11:07 pm

Last night, HE WAS PUSHING HER ON THE SWING FOR LIKE TWENTY MINUTES. And she was loving it. GAH!

Apr 8 3:21 pm

4. Mandy

Watching my mom get ready is one of my favorite memories of childhood.

Apr 7 12:09 am

5. Skidmarks and Stwabewwy skin got me. I had to clamp my hand over my mouth. I think I popped an eardrum.

Regarding WindowBoy, at least he wasn’t holding a boombox over his head.
    .-= bluzdude’s last blog post: If I May be Perfectly Prank =-.

Apr 7 8:50 am

6. Fan boys…love it. And I loved watching my Mom get ready as a little girl…when Lexi is in the bathroom with me now I had her an old brush and she brushes it over her face and looks up at me and says “preeettyyyyy”. Good stuff. It’s just really good stuff.

Apr 7 8:58 am

oh she loves playing with my old makeup! I try not to encourage it too much because I don’t want her to think she HAS to wear makeup to be pretty, you know ;) But I just tell her makeup is one of the fun things we girls get to do when we grow up. It’s funny to see her putting eyeshadow on her lips. ha

Apr 8 3:23 pm

7. Korinna
    @twoadults

The skid mark one made me laugh out loud in my office.
    .-= Korinna’s last blog post: Happy Easter =-.

Apr 7 9:55 am

8. I’m totally loving this. I laughed so hard!! thanks for sharing.

Apr 7 10:58 am

9. My all-time favorite posts are back!!! It always feels like finally being able to watch a new episode of Lost or Modern Family or The Office when I see the words “Maggie Snippets” in my google reader.
    .-= Stefanie’s last blog post: I was never a Mormon but I will always remember living as one. =-.

Apr 7 12:19 pm

HA! wow! I feel honored to be ranked among such great entertainment :)

Apr 8 3:27 pm

10. I absolutely love those little peeks into your life with Maggie. It makes me look forward to those treasured moments with Isabella. I can’t wait to capture them this time around because I sooo wisih I had with my older kids. Thank you for sharing. She’s “adowable”

Apr 7 1:05 pm

I never got around to making a baby book for Maggie, and honestly my blog is the best record I have of most things (plus Twitter, but the archives aren’t as good, ha) Blogs: the new trend in baby books :)

Apr 8 3:29 pm

11. SKIDMARK is the BEST!!

I hope the potty training is going well <3
    .-= Laura's last blog post: spring fashion: day 6 =-.

Apr 7 2:38 pm

12. Caity
    @caitysparkles

Haha that’s so adorable! I love it!
    .-= Caity’s last blog post: Wordless Wednesday: Spring Has Sprung =-.

Apr 8 1:08 pm

13. Your daughter telling you she has skids is HYSTERICAL!!

Sadie at heyMamas.com

Apr 13 2:37 pm

14. Wow…. The influence the Daddy has- I mean where else would she get “skid mark?!??!” ;) Sheesh, Dan.

Apr 15 12:42 am