painting myself into a corner. then another one. and another one.

OMG THE PAINTING IS DONE.

(Almost. I still have to do the little butler’s pantry area off of the kitchen. But dude. Just humor me.)

Living Room: BEFORE

living room - before

Living Room: AFTER

living room - after

Kitchen: BEFORE

kitchen - before

Kitchen: AFTER

kitchen - after

(Believe it or not, the rooms are the same color. But it looks a lot greener in the kitchen for some reason. But I like it!)

I counted, and since last Saturday (as in, TWO Saturdays ago), I logged about 20 hours of painting. Plus my mom helped for about 6 hours. HOW ON EARTH DOES IT TAKE THAT LONG? I have no idea. But it’s done! And I’m loving it. I didn’t realize how much I dislike the peachy/beige-y color that is all through the house until I started covering it up.

Only like a bajillion more rooms to go! Grab a brush!

(And speaking of new coats of paint, I made some changes to the blog last night. Click through your feed reader to check it out!)

1. Carley

Looks awesome! You did a great job! Love the color too!

Jan 18 8:33 pm

2. Good job! Your house is so pretty! But all those hard floors in your house make me weep. I can’t even keep my kitchen swiffered…. that is a looooot of real estate. ;)
    .-= Laura’s last blog post: went to the chapel, got married =-.

Jan 18 9:23 pm

I actually LOVE all the wood floors. I like that when I clean them, they are CLEAN. I never feel like carpet gets clean enough! (probably leftover from when we had our cats and the Cat Hair Was EVERYWHERE.) And really, they don’t get too bad unless we have people over- I only swiffer them once or twice a week and that keeps them pretty clean.

Jan 19 7:51 am

3. I love the color, we painted 3 bedrooms 1 loft, living room a family room a kitchen, and two hallways in the first month we moved in……. Do you have blisters on your hand yet??? it was brutal.

Jan 18 9:42 pm

No blisters, but the palm of my right hand had some shooting pains over the weekend. Good times!

Jan 19 7:52 am

4. Judi

OK, we must be related. Our living room/dining room are the same color (and master bath and powder room and one guest room, couldn’t get enough of it…)

Jan 18 9:59 pm

hm yes, we MUST be related ;) Great minds, and all that!

Jan 19 7:52 am

I could have let you borrow my MIL to get her out of our hair—er, I mean HELP YOU—after she was done painting half our house. ;)

What color is that green? It looks great, I like it much better than the peachy beige color. Your house is really coming together as you make it “yours”… it’s just beautiful.
    .-= Melissa’s last blog post: and now back to our regularly scheduled chaos =-.

Jan 18 10:03 pm

It’s called ‘Prairie Dust’. It’s weird, just like in our old house, it looks green in some places and more gray/tan in others. It’s psychedelic, baby!

Jan 19 7:53 am

oh and I guess I should mentioned: it’s Olympic paint, in case you want to hunt down the color some day :) heh

Jan 19 7:54 am

6. Oooh, that’s a strange colour – not in a bad way, I’ve just never seen it used as a staple colour before :D Are the other rooms in the house being painted the same?
    .-= Lizzie’s last blog post: And the point of me being here is…? =-.

Jan 19 8:35 am

I’m going to do the same color in the entry, but the other rooms will be different. I love this type of color- it’s almost the same color that was in our old house :)

Jan 19 8:44 am

7. the husband

You missed a spot.

Jan 19 8:46 am

8. You have such a beautiful place!
    .-= bluzdude’s last blog post: 24 – Still Drinking! =-.

Jan 19 9:18 am

9. As much time as painting takes, it really is a relatively inexpensive way to give a room (or a whole home!) a facelift. If you’re living in those rooms everyday, you should most definitely love the colors of the walls. Yay for the changes you’ve made so far!
    .-= SoMi’s Nilsa’s last blog post: Moments =-.

Jan 19 10:40 am

I totally agree. If I sit on my couch and the wall color makes me want to barf- TIME TO PAINT. lol and even though it can be a pain in the butt, it IS a very cheap solution for changing things up.

Jan 19 2:35 pm

10. Looks good! I love the colour.
    .-= Kelly’s last blog post: Countdown =-.

Jan 19 12:20 pm

11. Karen
    @dreamoncemore

Your house looks beautiful!
    .-= Karen’s last blog post: A day of losts and founds =-.

Jan 19 12:31 pm

12. This. This is why I’m hiring painters for now on. OMG. It never ends!

(Good job! Now come paint my dining room! PLEASE!)
    .-= Burgh Baby’s last blog post: Why, Yes, I am Bragging. And? =-.

Jan 19 2:06 pm

I think we’ve decided that we’re hiring someone to paint our entry (I have a cousin who is married to a painter so hopefully something works out with that!) There’s no way we can do it with a ladder- even a big one- the way the stairs are laid out. I think we need scaffolding or something crazy. So I’m definitely going to investigate having just the top part painted… if not the whole darn thing!
      .-= Jen’s last blog post: painting myself into a corner. then another one. and another one. =-.

Jan 19 2:33 pm

13. Hurrah! I looks brilliant. Congratulations on it being (mostly) done!! :)
    .-= Elly’s last blog post: Blogosphere, your words of advice, please. =-.

Jan 19 7:41 pm

14. Jenn
    @kissmykitty

The new color looks lovely! I’m jealous… we’ll have lived in our home for three years as of this March, and dammit I want to re-paint the kitchen, living room, hallways, laundry room and bathrooms so bad! They’re still the plain cream color they’ve been since we moved here. *sigh* One of these days, right? LOL.
    .-= Jenn’s last blog post: Spare parts that aren’t so spare =-.

Jan 19 8:47 pm

15. red pen mama
    @redpenmamapgh

I really like the color! it does look like two different shades.

and husband’s comment made me laugh.
    .-= red pen mama’s last blog post: Troublesome Tuesday =-.

Jan 20 7:59 am

16. Kate
    @katekono

Wow! That’s alot of painting. It looks awesome, I love the new color!

Jan 20 12:39 pm

17. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alisha