curses!

In our house, sometimes… we curse. It happens, ya know? Sometimes it’s in jest, joking around (“Get your ASS in that kitchen and make me some dinner, woman!”), other times it’s from frustration (“The DAMN printer is being an ASS again.”)

And you know. Sometimes The Big One slips out. “EFFFFFFFF….!”

But of course, now that we have a talking kid in our house, we’ve made an effort to clean things up. And honestly, I think we’re doing a pretty good job.

Or, I thought we were doing a pretty good job.

Until my mom showed me this video tonight when I was at her house baking cookies for the Burgh Mom Cookie Swap (My oven, it is broken. It is 25-50 degrees too low and is going to cost $350 to fix. Boo.) She forgot she had it, or didn’t know she had it, or whatever. It’s from a few months ago (hence the sunshine and bathing suit and swimming pool) when she was watching Maggie while we packed for our move.

I… I don’t even know what to say. I’m partly embarrassed, partly amused, and OMG I was almost in tears from laughing so hard.

The good news is, she hasn’t done this recently. So I’m hoping she forgot about it.

Because that would be a REALLY awkward call from the daycare.

1. Heather

November 12, 2009 10:39 pm

ahh that’s classic! HA!

2. Nicole

November 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Ah, the simple reminders of why it’s important to watch your language. I love that you shared :)
    .-= Nicole’s last blog post: My Newest Experience: Acupuncture Cupping =-.

3. Candace

November 12, 2009 10:53 pm

Hey, at least she used it in one of it’s proper contexts LOL
    .-= Candace’s last blog post: Thanks Giving #8 =-.

4. Elly

November 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Hahahahaha, that’s hilarious! I love her tone too! Definitely something to bring out on her 21st :)
    .-= Elly’s last blog post: On Trying Not To Miss The Past =-.

5. Pepper

November 13, 2009 2:06 am

Oops, yeah we use a lot of code words in our house for words we wouldn’t enjoy coming out of two year olds mouth at the grocery store. LOL
    .-= Pepper’s last blog post: Thankful Thursdays: My Boys =-.

6. Jim Bainbridge

November 13, 2009 6:46 am

Classic. You can set that up on a mini-tv and play it next to the cookie table at her wedding one day.

7. Jane

November 13, 2009 8:25 am

funny! I won’t be showing that video to Maria! :)

8. AndreAnna

November 13, 2009 9:47 am

That was awesome!
    .-= AndreAnna’s last blog post: A look into the crazy =-.

9. Janette

November 13, 2009 11:04 am

Maggie is so dang cute! My husband curses like a sailor around our house and I keep telling him to watch it because Deven’s going to start talking soon, but I think he may actually want our son to have a vocabulary full of obscenities.
    .-= Janette’s last blog post: Strategy =-.

10. samantha jo campen

November 13, 2009 11:57 am

OMG I LOVE IT OMG!

And hearing that in her little voice?!?! Holy jesus I’m DYING.
    .-= samantha jo campen’s last blog post: The Sound =-.

November 13, 2009 3:12 pm

haha I know it’s hilarious. And for the record, she didn’t actually complete the word. It was more a ‘FFFAAAAAAAA…’ thing. But the intent was DEFINITELY there. ha

11. Susan

November 13, 2009 1:38 pm

So I seriously just think I peed my pants – I love how she used it in the proper context and everything (she must be a Grover!!) Now I don’t feel so bad that mine says “Oh SH**” when he drops something…we’ll just blame this on Steve and Dan!

12. Beth in SF

November 13, 2009 5:28 pm

This is coming to our house, I’m positive. We are the worst potty mouths ever, and though we have tried to cut back…sometimes the F word is all I’ve got. He goes around saying a phrase that sounds strikingly similar to, “oh shit”, but we are in complete denial.
    .-= Beth in SF’s last blog post: Bad Kitty =-.

13. bluzdude

November 13, 2009 7:19 pm

I give her kudos for proper usage. And bonus points for not only dropping it on Grandma, but with the camera rolling.
    .-= bluzdude’s last blog post: Some Posts Just Write Themselves =-.

14. Becky

November 14, 2009 10:30 pm

How did your mom not totally lose it while she was recording?

That almost makes me want to teach my kids a few choice words, just to see if they can use them appropriately :)
    .-= Becky’s last blog post: 4.13: San Francisco, Day 2 =-.

15. Kelly

November 15, 2009 2:44 pm

Peanut came up behind me as I watched this. I guess we’ll see soon enough if he learned a new word. Oops!
    Hilarious and adorable! :)
    .-= Kelly’s last blog post: The PSU NK Turkey Trot =-.

16. Sarah Wells

November 18, 2009 11:14 pm

so i told jimmy about this and he just had to see it and is still laughing….
    .-= Sarah Wells’s last blog post: Breaking News… =-.