what a difference a week makes

So last week, I nearly left my kid at the grocery store in the hopes that someone would take her home with them and I wouldn’t have to HEAR HER SCREAMING AT ME ANYMORE.

This week? Much better. Barely a whimper all morning (except for when the gymnastics teacher’s little brat daughter PINCHED MY KID’S LEG for no reason. GAH.) (and no, of COURSE I didn’t say anything to the teacher.) (I’m already regretting that.)

Because Maggie was such a good girl while we were out shopping after gymnastics, her reward was lunch at Applebee’s, which just happens to be her favorite place. Even a waiter recognized us because we’re there so often, and he knows what she orders every time- grilled cheese.

I’m thinking she was a happy camper, what do you think?

(Please excuse the crappy quality, Blackberries are not known for their stellar video-taking capabilities.)

I nearly peed my pants trying not to laugh out loud at her while I was taping.

So it’s obvious, right? She knew that last week I was at the end of my rope, so she’s going to make me let my guard down now by being all cute and charming.

Dammit, it’s working.

(Don’t forget about Pink For October! Click through the archives, leave me a comment, check out the ‘More Posts Like This’- anything to get those page views up so there’s more to give at the end of the month!)

1. the dad

October 15, 2009 2:05 pm

where did she learn to dance like that?!?!?

2. Jim Bainbridge

October 15, 2009 2:06 pm

That’s a very choreographed dance. I’m thinking she learned that at home. I’m also thinking she learned that from watching Daddy Dan. Just sayin. (Too cute that girl – lock her up now. I’ll send you my locksmith’s number)

3. subu

October 15, 2009 2:06 pm

omg, so cute! i love the little shoulder shimmy. :)
    .-= subu’s last blog post: Wordsmith Wednesdays =-.

4. AndreAnna

October 15, 2009 2:11 pm

You had me at Fleetwood Mac.
    .-= AndreAnna’s last blog post: Cat Puke, Glee, True Blood, and Plane Crashes =-.

5. Burgh Baby

October 15, 2009 2:28 pm

You. are. screwed.

And she definitely learned to shake her groove thang from Dan.
    .-= Burgh Baby’s last blog post: That Suggestion Sure is Mean =-.

6. Pop

October 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi Maggie,

Pop has his own Applebee’s here is Florida. When you come to visit Nana and me we will take you there for a grilled cheese, I love em.

Love ya,

Pop and Nana

7. Dave P.

October 15, 2009 2:44 pm

She? Is awesome. So cute! And it’s great hearing you holding in the laughter on camera while I laugh out loud at my desk. Ha!
    .-= Dave P.’s last blog post: Grandma, Great Grandma, and coffee cake =-.

8. Candace

October 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Oh man this totally made me laugh! What an adorable little girl :)

9. red pen mama

October 15, 2009 2:55 pm

There is a vast network of children conspiring against us. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

I got two.

.-= red pen mama’s last blog post: Mendacious =-.

10. the dad

October 15, 2009 3:17 pm

she did not learn to dance from me, she has rythm…

11. janet

October 15, 2009 5:06 pm

I think Maggie has a future on SYTYCD for sure!

12. Cassie

October 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Hey, sometimes you just feel like letting lose and dancing while you eat your lunch. It happens! Although it’s a little weird when you see a grown woman doing it. Oh well, I’m not out to please everyone!
    .-= Cassie’s last blog post: Stop stealing my sunshine! =-.

13. Pepper

October 18, 2009 2:59 pm

How do toddlers have that ability to drive you to the brink of insanity and then make you melt with love for them? We are in this battle right now too. It helps to hear another mom voice her frustrations with the whining and screaming. I need to just remind myself this is a stage and that it will get better at some point. It does help when they do something so cute and adorable you can’t help but smile/laugh.
    .-= Pepper’s last blog post: One tough guy! =-.