it’s in her DNA

Maggie is a very friendly kid. Like, one of these days I wouldn’t be surprised if she tried to go home with the checkout girl at Target. Or invite her to our house for dinner. She loves people; she always has. Part of it is just part of her personality, and the fact that she comes from a LONG line of people-watchers (me, Dan, my mom, Dan’s grandma, to name just a few) Also, she’s been in daycare since 10 weeks old, so she’s very comfortable with people other than Mom & Dad.

She’s definitely not shy. Even though she likes to pretend she is for like 2.5 seconds after we arrive somewhere new.

When we’re out and about- shopping, running errands, whatever- she’s always (okay, maybe ‘usually’ is a better word, because she IS sometimes busy screaming at me for the Crime Against Humanity: Mommy Is Making Her Sit In The Cart.) smiling and chatting with people she sees.

To the guy in line behind us at Costco: “I have a new big house! PINK! ROOM! BIG!”

To the girl at Applebees: “I’m going home to play the bowlings!”

To the lady behind us in the Target checkout: “Look at my new pants!”

To the waiter at Applebees (um yeah, we go there a lot.): “I LOVE KENNYWOOD!”

To the man at the grocery store: “That’s my favorite!” (I have no idea what she was referring to.)

And on and on. It’s like she thinks the whole wide world cares about what she’s doing or what she thinks or what color her room is.

In other words: She’s going to be a blogger someday.

1. samantha jo campen
    @samanthajcampen

HA! And if you keep her an only child her stats will be through the ROOF!

:-)
    .-= samantha jo campen’s last blog post: The Sound =-.

Oct 2 5:00 pm

LOL but think of the Blog Fodder she’d get from having a sibling!

Oct 2 5:01 pm

2. Candace
    @girlhaq

LOL I kinda hope my kid is like that because I just love little outgoing kids.. but I have a feeling she is going to be a “quiet until I get to know you a while” kinda girl, like her father and I.
    .-= Candace’s last blog post: The road to recovery is a long, winding one =-.

Oct 2 5:35 pm

3. Too funny! I have a very similar child. She talks to EVERYONE. Then again, so do I. She once told the guy behind me in Target that he must have a baby in his belly. He was sweet enough to say in a thick accent, “No, baby-child, my wife is just a good cook!” To which she replied, “THAT WHAT MY DADDY SAYS TOO!”
    .-= AndreAnna’s last blog post: Growing Pains =-.

Oct 2 5:47 pm

oh my gosh, that is HILARIOUS! haha We’ve had pretty good luck with people too… nearly everybody has a soft spot for a cute kid in pigtails ;)

Oct 2 6:30 pm

4. That’s so funny! She really is one of those kids it’s impossible NOT to like. :) But like you said, that’s how you & Dan are, and she’ll probably grow up to have lots of friends and be just as fun to hang around as you guys. :)

Oliver is exactly the opposite, and it’s hard because every time I take him out, people come at him squealing over his curly hair, and he freaks out! He gets his Quiet In Front Of Strangers nature from me, of course. It’s strange to see how much of one’s personality comes through in one’s child(ren)! I’m curious to see what our next little guy will be like – I don’t know how I’d handle an outgoing kid, when I’m not very outgoing myself! heh.
    .-= Melissa’s last blog post: what I’ve been doing instead of blogging =-.

Oct 2 7:13 pm

5. Bwahahaha!!! Or a Twitterer. Probably both.

Oct 2 8:58 pm

6. The bad news about her future career as a blogger is that she’s likely going to get even with you for everything you’ve ever written. You’ll be 90 years old and she’ll be blogging about how sick she is of changing your diaper . . .
    .-= Burgh Baby’s last blog post: Snippets =-.

Oct 3 10:02 pm

Maybe I should have a few tantrums too, so she’ll have the really GOOD blog fodder about her Mom!

Oct 4 8:54 am

7. red pen mama
    @redpenmamapgh

HA! Yeah, I figure Flora will be on Twitter by the time she’s 6. That girl talks to everyone. “Hi, my name is Flora. What is your name? That’s my sister Kate. I’m 4. She’s 2. I go to school. That’s my mom. My favorite animal is a flamingo.” And on and on and on. She has her dad’s personality, trust me!

ciao,
    rpm

Oct 5 3:03 pm

8. I think Peanut will be like this soon. He already walks up to everyone or jumps out of our arms into the arms of absolute strangers. He says hi and bye to everyone and has begun telling people about our dogs. We’re doomed. There isn’t a shy hair on his head. Or an ounce of fear.

Oct 6 10:50 am