love & hate Friday

love: my new house. Seriously. I apologize if I’m getting annoying with the incessant talk about it. But I can’t help myself.

hate: unpacking. I thought it would be more fun than packing, because we’d be in The New Awesome House and I wouldn’t care. But… nope. Sorry. Unpacking sucks just as much.

love: the way Maggie tells everyone she sees about her ‘new pink room’ and when we pull into our street, she points excitedly at our house and says ‘That’s Maggie’s new house!’

hate: that the craziness of the past month has led to me not working out AT ALL (other than a few walks here and there) and also eating like a pig, which of course has led to a few extra pounds. My favorite shorts were TOUGH TO BUTTON TODAY. Unacceptable.

love: ice cream. Which is probably the reason for that hatred mentioned above. hm…

hate: that we were dumb and thought we had a gas dryer, when in fact we have an ELECTRIC ONE. And no electric hookup in the new house. DUH. And it was going to be majorly expensive/pain in the butt to have a new line installed (my uncle came, saw, and said ‘um no.’) So I’ve been doing laundry at my parents’ house all week.

(In our defense, we USED TO have a gas dryer, and then our cats broke it. We must have decided to switch to electric for whatever reason and totally forgot about it until Dan went to disconnect it for the move and was all UM. THAT WAS EASY. *unplug*)

love: that I’m getting my shiny fancy new washer & dryer delivered tomorrow! And also that my mom folded the laundry I left at her house this week. I love her.

hate: that summer is almost over. END OF AUGUST ALREADY???! WTH.

love: that Maggie asked to go on the potty this morning. She didn’t actually DO anything on the potty (besides read a book and also tear off little tiny strips of toilet paper to ‘wipe’ herself, HOW ON EARTH that can be cute, I don’t know, but it totally was.) but she ASKED and was EXCITED ABOUT IT, and that’s all that matters. I’m thinking it has something to do with the Latina Whore (aka Dora, thanks to BurghBaby) potty seat we got for the big toilet in her new bathroom. But hey, whatever gets my kid out of diapers, right?

hate: that I forgot to get my lip waxed the last time I got my haircut. I noticed it in the sunshine today riding in the car with my mom and OMG. I HAVE A ‘STACHE. I am gross and disgusting.

love: that not only have I gotten my mom totally & completely addicted to Gilmore Girls, but I convinced her to go see Post Grad with me tonight. Mom/Daughter Date, FTW!

hate: when people we love get sick. Like, really sick. And when they live far away.

love: that PittGirl is back, and we can call her Ginny!! (or Your Majesty, and OMG I can’t believe people ACTUALLY thought she was serious.) Also: CNN!!!

hate: that she lost her job over it all. boo to that!

love: that we have nothing planned for this weekend at all. LOVE A FREE SCHEDULE!

hate: UNPACKING. whoops! Guess we do have plans for the weekend…

What are you loving & hating right now?

1. Candace
    @girlhaq

I am loving snow cones but hating that the stands are about to close for off season!

Aug 21 11:00 pm

2. Priscilla
    @pgreen730

oh my goodness, I just choked on my pizza crust because I read that you have a ‘stache’ !!!! That is too funny!! Although not really because I totally know what you mean! :(
    .-= Priscilla’s last blog post: Hoping I Can Do This =-.

Aug 21 11:06 pm

DUDE. I totally do. I’m praying for clouds because at least without the sunshine it’s not so noticeable… LOL

Aug 21 11:07 pm

• Priscilla
        @pgreen730

where do you go? I’ve never had anyone else do the lip waxing, I’ve done it myself. I still haven’t gotten my brows waxed so it looks like I have big, fuzzy catepillars above my eyes! I am hoping to go tomorrow to get a haircut and waxing all at the same place!
        .-= Priscilla’s last blog post: Hoping I Can Do This =-.

Aug 21 11:10 pm

I get my hair cut at Beauty First, and I usually have them do a quick wax while I’m there but I was in a hurry last time and didn’t do it. I’ve tried it myself but I end up usually just giving myself a red upper lip with hair still left in it. I’m a wimp and am too afraid to pull hard. But I’m totally cool with letting someone else rip the hair out of my face for me, apparently! ha

Aug 21 11:13 pm

• Priscilla
        @pgreen730

yeah, I was going to say that it hurts when I do it myself and it doesn’t seem to hurt as badly when other people do it, well for the brows at least in my experience. I might have to go there.
        .-= Priscilla’s last blog post: Okay, I’m copying! =-.

Aug 21 11:32 pm

3. Caity
    @caitysparkles

Don’t apologize for talking about your new house! I love that you’re excited about it! You’re supposed to be! You’re supposed to gloat and be proud! You earned it!! :D
    .-= Caity’s last blog post: It all WORKS out in the end. =-.

Aug 21 11:49 pm

4. Allison
    @AllisonB

Oh man…you totally just reminded me that I’m in desperate need of a wax. Must schedule that this week before people come to my house a week from today! Ah!

Good luck with unpacking. I know how stressful/not fun it is. But when it’s done…you’ll love the house EVEN MORE!
    .-= Allison’s last blog post: It’s Not Easy Being Green =-.

Aug 22 8:17 am

5. I’ll come help you unpack. Unpacking someone else’s stuff is WAY more fun. ANd I’ll make you put everything away, too. Or else you’ll have stuffed monkeys hanging off the oven doors and flowers in the middle of the bathtub.
    .-= Susan Helene Gottfried’s last blog post: BTT: Recent Best =-.

Aug 22 8:45 am

6. Amanda
    @shameleslysassy

love: that Alllie loves preschool. She comes home every day telling me how “awesome” and “spectacular”

hate: she caught a stomach virus the first week of preschool and has been vomiting all weekend. 8 am trip to the pediatrician on Saturday, FTW!
    ——–
    love: Gilmore Girls

hate: I didn’t get to see Post Grad this weekend due to Allie’s illness. :(
    ———–
    love: that you are getting a new and pretty washer and dryer. I want a pretty red set.

hate: that I had no idea gas dryers even existed until I read this post. I was amazed by it. So I, of course, went up to Adam and was all, “HEY!! did you know gas dryers existed.” He was like, “yes, everyone knows that.” pooped my party. I was hoping to share new knowledge.
    .-= Amanda’s last blog post: Inspiration and First Days =-.

Aug 23 1:22 am

LOL well I am SO happy that I could share something new with you about gas dryers! :) And sorry that Allie got sick, WHAT a bummer for that first week of school.

Aug 23 7:38 am

7. Love–Our new house. Seriously, love love love love love love it.

Hate–That there is still soooooo much painting to do. Bleh.

Love–Having a kick-ass house-warming party.

Hate–That I had to resort to the Latina Whore plates and the mocking is never going to end.
    .-= Burgh Baby’s last blog post: A Dose of the Bully Baby =-.

Aug 23 1:35 am

Love- that you used Latina Whore plates at the party. LOL

Hate- that I had to miss it :( Always seems there are 5 parties or events we’re invited to, all on the same day. grrr!

Aug 23 7:40 am