twavorites? favortwits? favortwitters? twitterfaves?

I love Twitter. (What’s that? YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT TWITTER IS?? Get out from under that rock and read this.) I love the succinctness (um, yeah. is that a word? Google says yes but man does that look weird.) of 140 characters. I love that I can follow my favorite people- those I know in real life, my bloggie friends, even some moderately famous people if I want. And obviously- because there’s a little narcissism in all of us, especially on the Internet- I love that I can share tidbits of my life with everyone else. Because I KNOW you care what I’m doing every hour of the day. Really. I know.

But one of my favorite things about Twitter? The way you all make me LAUGH, OMG. I have found myself cracking up over Tweets or nodding my head in agreement and chuckling more times than I can count. It’s just such a nice feeling to know that we’re all in this Life Thing together, and that we can share the ridiculous moments of our days with each other.

Because of this, I use the ‘Favorite’ feature a lot. That way I can mark Tweets that I found interesting or SO TRUE or just insanely hilarious and go back and read them later. If I’m having a bad day, you can bet that there is someone on Twitter who can make me laugh, or at least make me feel better because their day is actually WORSE than mine. heh.

So I’ve decided to start a new feature here on my blog. Partly because I’m a giver (ha) and want to share the love of the Tweeps (okay so now I’m starting to ANNOY MYSELF with these terms…) on my list, and partly because I’ve been sorely lacking in motivation to post on this here blog lately, so I’m hoping this will get me moving. So really, a Win-Win! Each week, I plan to post my favorite Tweets from the past few days. There might only be 1, or there might be 10. I guess it all depends on all you lovelies on my ‘follow’ list. (No pressure!)

It’s not really a contest and there are no winners or anything. But I will be posting links to the Twitter profiles of those I’ve favorited (wow, now it’s a verb! I love the Internet and how it makes us invent new words!) so you can feel free to follow them and bask in the glory of their genius and wit. (oh, and don’t forget to follow me too!)

Okay! So the list! Normally it will just be a week’s worth, but since this is my first time doing this and I make the rules (POWER TRIP!) I’m going to go back a few months because LORDY, there are some gems out there.

Torrie: Crying because of scraped knee- 1 minute. Crying because she doesn’t like the band aid we put on her knee- 20 minutes. posted 10:03 AM Jul 10th (That made my jaw drop with its absolute PERFECTION at summing up Age Two. Seriously.)

Okay so these next few… there was a Twitter thing going on this week where people were posting first draft movie lines. Famous or memorable quotes from movies, written in a different way that just made me CRACK UP, some of them were just hilarious and so creative. You all are awesome.

metalia: “Well, Maury…as it relates to Luke? I AM THE BABY DADDY.” #1stdraftmovielines 10:44 PM Jul 9th

CranberryPerson: KICK HIS ASS, LAKE TROUT #1stdraftmovielines 5:13 PM Jul 9th

Sarcomical: George Costanza: making us deliciously uncomfortable with his inappropriateness long before Michael Scott came along. 7:21 PM Jul 1st

kirida: whenever I try to clean this house, the forces work against me. and then it asks me to make him a sandwich and refill his sippy cup. 12:43 PM Jun 28th

littlemisssun: When my children are in college, I will call them every half hour between 1am & 4am just to say ‘I miss you.’ 8:43 AM Jun 23rd

BackpackingDad: Hi ceiling. No, I don’t know how I got up here. My daughter didn’t take a nap and decided to drive. All I saw was wall. 7:43 PM Jun 19th

Sarcomical: maybe, just maybe, if i don’t eat these birthday cupcakes nightly, the island will blow up. …better keep eating. i’m a hero. 11:07 PM May 30th

samanthajcampen: Sitting at my desk, minding my business when all of a sudden I whip my head around because I thought I saw our CAT. WHO DOES NOT WORK HERE. 3:28 PM May 27th

burghbaby: OMG. We are out of ketchup. This is like the Huxtables being out of ugly sweaters. PANIC! 8:03 PM May 22nd

BackpackingDad: Did I miss Grey’s Anatomy? Did the crazy genius doctor with the cane blow up the island? 11:06 PM May 14th

redpenmama: I just had to block someone on twitter. Her only update was about people looking for sex in my area. Yeah, I got one of those at home. 9:07 PM May 5th

Sarcomical: sure, you could bounce a quarter off my ass. you just have to throw it really, really hard. 10:53 PM Apr 17th

samanthajcampen: $1,000,000 idea: create an alarm clock that wakes you up to the sound of a baby barfing, b/c nothing gets you up and at ‘em faster. 3:51 PM Mar 30th

AllisonB: Alex is very impressive. That boy can fight off sleep like he’s been doing it his entire life. Oh, wait… 5:04 PM Sep 8th, 2008

1. Caity
    @caitysparkles

Haha those are fantastic! I absolutely love this feature! I feel the same way about twitter!

Jul 12 10:43 am

2. Lol… love it. I wish I was half as funny as they are!

Jul 12 11:55 pm

3. cute new design, btw :)

Jul 12 11:55 pm

hey are you online right now?? let me know if you get an email saying this comment reply was posted, I’m testing a new plugin :)

Jul 13 3:22 pm

okay I’m gonna annoy you again! :) Can you send me the email again when you get it? (it doesn’t send replies to me since I’m the admin! heh)

Jul 13 4:12 pm

4. LOOOVE! I just cracked up a whole bunch of times. Twitter rules.

Jul 13 12:36 pm

5. samantha jo campen
    @samanthajcampen

Love the new design!

Thanks for the love–glad I could make you laugh. Those other ones are awesome! I heart twitter so hard.

Jul 13 2:57 pm

6. Jenn
    @kissmykitty

Bwahahaha. Those are all so very awesome!

Jul 13 3:56 pm