April 29, 2009
1. Maggie did in fact have Fifth Disease, according to the doctor on Monday morning. Thankfully, her rash is nearly gone now and she’s been happy as a clam since Saturday (are clams really that happy? anyway…) I’m a bit scared of April now though. Last year she got hand-foot-mouth, this year it was Fifths. Let’s just have a nice, quiet April next year, shall we?
2. So, um… we’ve kind of been house hunting. I kept meaning to write an official post about this but between work and my rashy kid and well, actually LOOKING at all the houses, I just haven’t had the energy. And to be honest, I wasn’t sure what to write. It’s been over a month and we’ve seen A BUNCH of houses (20? more? I’ve lost count.) Our agent is Fabulous And Wonderful (same one we bought our first house with 5 years ago) and she’s patient and lets us act like idiots dancing around the master bedrooms and makes fun of the ugly wallpaper with us and it’s actually been a lot of fun. But exhausting. But productive! Last night we saw one finally (FINALLY!) that didn’t make us want to run screaming from the price or shrink into a ball in the corner at the thought of All The Work that needed to be done to get make it nice. (SERIOUSLY? I’m spending over a THIRD of a million dollars on a house and you have STAINED, NASTY VINYL IN THE KITCHEN? At least cover the stain with a strategically-placed plant or chair or something, people.)
We still have a few steps to go through before seriously considering making an offer on the one we found, but it’s definitely a strong contender. Nice yard, great floor plan, fantastic neighborhood and school district (Alma Mater, FTW!), plus it has the most adorable little office area at the front of the house that would make a great headquarters for my business. And the inside doesn’t make us want to barf. So all good things! I will surely keep you all posted on the developments. There is still the whole issue of putting our house on the market, and I’m sure I’ll become one big Ball of Stress once that happens. I’ve been assured that selling will not be a problem (we’ve actually had some calls already from random agents, trying to put feelers out for possible houses in our current area that may be on the market soon, pick-ins are slim, apparently.) But still. I worry and stress because… what, kids? I’M A PLANNER. FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN AND STUFF.
3. CAN YOU SAY ROAD TRIP??!? I’ll be heading out Friday morning with Melissa and we’ll be driving 5 hours to visit (and meet!) our bloggie friend Janet. I am so freaking excited about it, I’ve actually been forcing myself NOT to think about it. I have a bajillion things going on this week that need my focus, and I know if I let myself start daydreaming too much about a Girls Weekend Without A Kid In Tow, I might just explode all over the damn place. I have to publicly thank The Husband for letting me leave him alone with Maggie for 3 days. You rock, baby. (Even if you do cash in some Grandparent Points this weekend.) (CHEATER!) Stay tuned on Twitter, there are bound to be some updates there with multiple exclamation points and lots of SQUEEEEE-ING. And maybe some pictures.
4. Four and a half weeks till the beach. (INSERT MORE SQUEEE-ING HERE.)
5. I need my haircut really badly.
That is all. Move along.