who knew spiders made good blogging material?

I do not like spiders. I can’t really say that it’s a phobia, because I don’t completely freak out or panic or lose control. I just really really hate them. They are gross and have 8 legs and move really fast and just EEEEWWWW.

If I absolutely have to, I will kill spiders myself if I find one in the house. But if Dan’s home, and the spider is bigger than say, a kernel of corn, it’s his job. As much as I can’t stand the little things, I also hate the crunching sound they make when you smush them. *shudder* Plus, WHAT IF IT JUMPS ON MY ARM BEFORE I CAN SMASH IT, OMG!!!!!???!

This morning, I sat down at my writing desk in the living room to check my email. And there on the wall next to my bulletin board was A SPIDER. Not a huge one- maybe dime-sized- but it was moving quick and it was a light brown and it had 8 legs and therefore had to die. I called for Dan, and being my Hero Husband Who Is The Killer Of All Things Arachnid, he did his job.

Then he ruined it by making another horrible, terrible pun. He said:

“Maybe he just wanted to get into the web business.”

1. I laughed at the terrible pun! Don’t tell Dan, though…wouldn’t want him to think he should keep coming up with those ;)
    Also, dime-sized isn’t a big spider?! That’s gigantic to me!!!

Jenn Ws last blog post: Video

Mar 29 10:55 pm

@Jenn W: Dime-sized is small compared to some of the nasty spiders we’ve had here in the past!!! Thankfully last summer we found a nest (OMG MY WORST NIGHTMARE) outside by the chimney and Dan blasted it away. There were HUNDREDS of babies but he got them all and since then, we haven’t had very many, thank goodness!

Mar 29 10:58 pm

3. YIKES!!! We had trouble w/ brown recluse spiders. Scary.
    Just today, Anna came up to me and said “Mommy, there’s a spider in my craft box and I couldn’t get it to crawl up on my finger!” I about had a heart attack!!!!! She’s been enjoying lady bugs crawling on her hands recently. So Big Brave Daddy checked the craft box and I had a very serious talk with Anna about NEVER EVER EVER try to get a spider to crawl on you!!!!! Sheesh!

Jenn Ws last blog post: Video

Mar 29 11:11 pm

4. Booooo! That was bad.

I hate all spiders and a dime sized one is HUGE in my eyes.

Ginas last blog post: Wednesday Weirdness

Mar 29 11:22 pm

5. LOL.
    Dan’s humour rocks.

Stephanies last blog post: Heidi & The Super Heros

Mar 30 10:33 am

6. PS – I used to hate spiders more than anything – until I noticed that our house (and my parent’s old house) gets inch-long centipedes. Those things TERRIFY ME. One summer (the first year in our new house) we had 7 (SEVEN) of them in our living room at once. *HOWL*

Stephanies last blog post: Heidi & The Super Heros

Mar 30 10:36 am

7. Ha. I hate spiders too. But we are “bug weenies” out here in the desert. I remember when I went to Mexico, I was beyond terrified of the things I saw flying and crawling. ;)

Lauras last blog post: little thoughts

Mar 30 11:25 am

@Stephanie: okay thanks for the nightmares!!!! LOL

Mar 30 12:02 pm

9. BWAHAHAHA!

I laughed at the pun.

*hangs head in shame*

trannyheads last blog post: March Madness … and I’m Not Talking About Basketball

Mar 30 11:09 pm