I KNOW how bad I suck for not posting for like 5 days and then posting a meme. But the questions for Friday Five this week are good ones, and this was an insanely crazy week (much like they’ve all been lately, it seems) and so, I’m a loser and copping out and Hi! Here’s my Blog Post!
1. Would you say 2009 so far is meeting expectation, exceeding expectations, or failing to meet expectations? So far, it’s meeting expectations, if not exceeding them. I really can’t say I entered 2009 with many expectations- at least not for the first few months. Any big plans (Future Baby #2, vacations, etc) are/were way off in the distance during the Fall Of 2009, which is like, so long from now, right? (PLEASE tell me they’re far off! At least the Baby #2 part!) But the first three months of 2009 have turned out quite well. Dan got a new job, Maggie started sleeping pretty well again, and we recovered from some financial setbacks from last fall. Also: Lost is back on and I got a new camera. So 2009, you’re doing great.
2. What letter grade would you give yourself for your performance at work or school? Dude. I don’t want to brag or jinx myself or anything… but honestly? Work has been going fantastic. Not only have I been taking on lots of new projects, but they’ve been interesting and fun, and I think I’ve been doing a pretty decent job too. Money-wise, I’ve already made half of what I made all of last year. That is both exciting and mind-boggling, given the state of things around this country of ours. I attribute it to a bit of luck, a lot of hard work, and just being cheaper for most places than hiring an in-house web developer. Being so busy has made me a little nutso the past couple of weeks (See: Rarely Blogging About Anything Coherent) but I get bored easily anyway, so I’ll take it!
3. On a scale from 1 to 10, how happy have you been with the weather so far in 2009? January and February SUCKED. Seriously- back in January one day, it was MINUS SIX DEGREES. That was the temperature BEFORE THE WIND. With the wind? You don’t even want to know. And of course that was a day when I had to traipse around downtown Pittsburgh and freeze my nose off. Man that was cold.
But finally, spring has been showing signs of breaking through and wow has it been a relief. Maggie and I can play outside in the afternoons when she wakes up from her nap. I can drive with my sunroof open. I even had FLIP FLOPS on the other day (which of course reminded me of the one downside of sandal weather: Must Keep Toenails Neat And Painted) So overall, I’d say 7 on the weather. (If you had asked me this back in January, I would have said MINUS SIX.)
4. Which of the Motion Picture Association of Americaâ€™s film ratings would you give your social life so far in 2009? HA. Social life? We have a toddler, so most of our social gatherings involve Grandmas and PapPaps and trips to Target. Yeah I know- whoo! We did get to go out with some friends a couple of weeks ago for dinner, and we had a night out at my uncle’s 60th birthday party. All fun events, but hardly NC-17 ratings. I’d give our social life a PG rating, maybe PG-13. Because sometimes my sister and I talk about naughty things at the dinner table at my parents’ house, just to see if we can get my mom to blush.
5. 2009â€™s parents are on the phone and want to know how 2009 improve its performance. What have been 2009â€™s areas of strength and what are its areas for growth in the second quarter? NO MORE SICK. NO MORE TEETH. More cowbell.