the little things

I had grand plans to participate in the Grace In Small Things challenge that everyone is doing (Note: Just reading other people’s daily 5 is inspirational in itself! Thank you!) but lately, I just haven’t had the mental capacity to sit down and write a coherent thought.

This past week or so has been hard. We’re all tired and cranky and sick of being stuck inside and Maggie is getting over being sick or she’s growing or she’s teething or hey! How about all three at once? Because that would be fun! She’s not sleeping very well (which means NOBODY in the house is) and we’re just exhausted. And did I mention cranky? Dan is also preparing to start a new job in 2 weeks- which of course is a HUGE blessing and we are thankful he was able to find something new when he needed to, but with ending a job and starting a new one, he has a lot going on and comes home at the end of the day tired and not ready to deal with The Crank from either of his girls.

So here’s my daily dose of zen. Taking joy in the little things. Maggie, eating her second breakfast of the morning (see above, Possible Growth Spurt) which included ‘yo-gick’ which she loves to eat all by herself and, as you will see, proclaims is DELICIOUS.

1. The DAD

January 22, 2009 9:42 am

I just laughed my butt off…

2. PittGirl

January 22, 2009 9:42 am

I could literally watch her eat yogurt for an hour. Adorable.

3. Candace

January 22, 2009 9:43 am

Oh my gosh this is sooooo adorable. The cute is just almost too much to take! Hope things calm down in your house <3

4. Kelly

January 22, 2009 11:48 am

Jen, she made me smile! :) And hope for the day when my kid will eat yogurt so neatly.

Kellys last blog post: Grace in Small Things- Part 21 of 365

January 22, 2009 12:14 pm

@PittGirl: We say nearly every day that we never thought watching someone eat would be entertaining and/or adorable. But she makes it so darn cute! And she takes her yogurt-eating very seriously. After all, it is delicious!

Also: SQUEEEE! A comment on my blog from PittGirl??!??! SQUEEEEE!!

6. Karen

January 22, 2009 12:24 pm

Look at how careful and neat she is! *sigh*

7. Jenn W

January 22, 2009 2:28 pm

I think it’s a riot how she eats the first bite w/out moving the spoon…it’s like she forgets every time until the 2nd bite that she can, in fact, move the spoon to her mouth! I love it!! :)

Jenn Ws last blog post: I’m a girl, what can I say?

January 22, 2009 4:54 pm

She’s very neat!! And very cute. But of course you know that. :)

Congratulations to Dan on the new job! I hope the rest of the month is easier on all of you!

Melissas last blog post: Potty Boot Camp

9. ella

January 22, 2009 8:29 pm

how stinkin cute is that!?!? and she’s got mad skilz with the whole self feeding there!

ellas last blog post: 25 Random Things

10. Nicole

January 22, 2009 9:30 pm

That little mouth opens awfully wide. I’m impressed she can eat such a potentially messy food without spilling much at all. Very cute.

Nicoles last blog post: Overload

January 22, 2009 10:48 pm

@Nicole: Yes that little mouth opens wide, and it’s VERY LOUD AND BOSSY. haha

12. samantha jo campen

January 22, 2009 11:09 pm

That was so stinkin’ precious. I love how she hardly lifts the spoon and brings her face down to it. SO CUTE!

And congrats on Dan’s new job!! Hip hip hooray!

samantha jo campens last blog post: About today

13. Grace

January 23, 2009 12:53 am

Oh my goodness, I love how she moves her mouth to the spoon on each bite, and that’s one big bite!!

14. Amy

January 23, 2009 9:07 am

I’m sitting here and I was watching the video. Then Zoe, my 2 year old, sat down next to me. She took one look at Maggie, pointed and said “A princess!”

That child you have there? It is obvious to EVERYONE what she is alright. ;)

Amys last blog post: The one where I admit I’m proud of him.

January 23, 2009 9:16 am

@Amy: ha and trust me: SHE KNOWS IT. lol

16. Mel

January 23, 2009 9:29 am

Wow! She’s doing VERY well eating on her own. :)

I should know — I’m studying child development right this moment. Hehe…

I love her proclamation of delicious!

Mels last blog post: HA! TAKE THAT UGLY SCALE YOU!

17. Becca

January 23, 2009 1:26 pm

That was too cute!

18. Nicki

January 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Aw, I love her little voice! You should send that to the yogurt company and see if they’ll shoot you some freebies! ;)

Nickis last blog post: This Will Break Your Heart

19. Susan

January 23, 2009 8:32 pm

She’s neater — and quieter — than my 7 year old!

Thanks for sharing that.

Susans last blog post: 4×4

20. Caity

January 24, 2009 8:56 am

Oh my goodness. That completely brightened my morning too!

Caitys last blog post: New hair!