January 31, 2009
I feel like I’ve been a sucky blogger lately. My posts recently have been mostly about Maggie being sick, recipes, whining to January, and… Maggie being sick. So in an effort to make it a bit happier around here, I thought I’d share a list of good things that have been happening. Because there really have been good things going on!
1. Maggie was sick again this week (yeah I realize that’s not a good thing) but the good thing was that when I took her to the doctor, it was just a nasty cold. Not an ear infection, not bronchitis. So thank goodness for that! Another tidbit of info from the drs appointment: she weight 22.8 lbs. Yes, she is almost 2 years old and hasn’t hit 23 pounds yet. PEANUT.
2. Even though she’s a light little thing, she’s been growing like a weed. I just had to pack away pants that I KNOW fit her 2 or 3 weeks ago, and now they’re way too short. I’m a little sad about this because it means she’s growing up, but I also think it’s a good thing because it means… she’s growing up.
3. I mentioned it quickly in a post last week but didn’t elaborate: Dan got a new job. Wait, didn’t he just do this not too long ago? Um yeah. He started his current job when Maggie was just a few weeks old. It’s been almost 2 years, and for various reasons, he felt it was time to move on. He started looking around and interviewing, not entirely sure he’d have much luck given the state of the economy right now. But thankfully, Computer Geek Programmers are in high demand in our area so he found something great pretty quickly. He starts on Feb 9. His last day at his current job is Tuesday, which means he has a few days off in between. So yay! He’s very excited about the new job- it’s farther away (downtown Pittsburgh) but he’s done the drive before and says it will be worth it.
5. My new smaller jeans from NY&Co are getting a little baggy on me. w00t.
6. Work for me has been BUSY. Several new jobs in the last month, launched a few sites, a couple of new leads and meetings coming up. Again, very surprised that I’m so busy. Usually January and February are slow so I was worried about things would be this year. Very blessed. And a bit overwhelmed.
7. Possibly planning a trip with a blogger-friend to visit another blogger-friend. SQUEEEE!
8. Maggie has learned about a bazillion new things recently. She knows Mommy and Maggie are a girls and Daddy is a boy. She’s very concerned with who owns things- ‘MINE!’ and ‘MOMMY’S!’ and ‘MANNIE’S!’ (that’s how she says ‘Maggie’). Every time she eats something, she proclaims it ‘delicious‘.
9. Much-needed night out last night with the Burgh Mom Bloggers.
10. Today Maggie refused to snuggle with Dan. ‘Snuggle Mommy!??!’ she kept insisting. So I got to snuggle on the couch with her and watch Gilmore Girls while Daddy cleaned up the kitchen. I love my kid.