nothing lightens the mood like a list!

I feel like I’ve been a sucky blogger lately. My posts recently have been mostly about Maggie being sick, recipes, whining to January, and… Maggie being sick. So in an effort to make it a bit happier around here, I thought I’d share a list of good things that have been happening. Because there really have been good things going on!

1. Maggie was sick again this week (yeah I realize that’s not a good thing) but the good thing was that when I took her to the doctor, it was just a nasty cold. Not an ear infection, not bronchitis. So thank goodness for that! Another tidbit of info from the drs appointment: she weight 22.8 lbs. Yes, she is almost 2 years old and hasn’t hit 23 pounds yet. PEANUT.

2. Even though she’s a light little thing, she’s been growing like a weed. I just had to pack away pants that I KNOW fit her 2 or 3 weeks ago, and now they’re way too short. I’m a little sad about this because it means she’s growing up, but I also think it’s a good thing because it means… she’s growing up.

3. I mentioned it quickly in a post last week but didn’t elaborate: Dan got a new job. Wait, didn’t he just do this not too long ago? Um yeah. He started his current job when Maggie was just a few weeks old. It’s been almost 2 years, and for various reasons, he felt it was time to move on. He started looking around and interviewing, not entirely sure he’d have much luck given the state of the economy right now. But thankfully, Computer Geek Programmers are in high demand in our area so he found something great pretty quickly. He starts on Feb 9. His last day at his current job is Tuesday, which means he has a few days off in between. So yay! He’s very excited about the new job- it’s farther away (downtown Pittsburgh) but he’s done the drive before and says it will be worth it.

4. Tomorrow. Steelers. Super Bowl. Party at our house. I don’t think I need to say much more than that.

5. My new smaller jeans from NY&Co are getting a little baggy on me. w00t.

6. Work for me has been BUSY. Several new jobs in the last month, launched a few sites, a couple of new leads and meetings coming up. Again, very surprised that I’m so busy. Usually January and February are slow so I was worried about things would be this year. Very blessed. And a bit overwhelmed.

7. Possibly planning a trip with a blogger-friend to visit another blogger-friend. SQUEEEE!

8. Maggie has learned about a bazillion new things recently. She knows Mommy and Maggie are a girls and Daddy is a boy. She’s very concerned with who owns things- ‘MINE!’ and ‘MOMMY’S!’ and ‘MANNIE’S!’ (that’s how she says ‘Maggie’). Every time she eats something, she proclaims it ‘delicious‘.

9. Much-needed night out last night with the Burgh Mom Bloggers.

10. Today Maggie refused to snuggle with Dan. ‘Snuggle Mommy!??!’ she kept insisting. So I got to snuggle on the couch with her and watch Gilmore Girls while Daddy cleaned up the kitchen. I love my kid.

1. Yeah for little ones! Ri is almost 3 1/2 and only weighs 26 lbs.

Jan 31 9:30 pm

2. Dude, can I trade you kid weights. Andrew is 24+ and not walking yet (= we carry him everywhere). I’m hoping maybe he’ll drop a few lbs when he starts walking, but he’s SO active already that I can’t imagine it making a ton of difference.

Lauras last blog post: be who you are

Jan 31 10:57 pm

3. Ok, I’m totally commenting back to Laura. My kid was 33 lbs at 15 months and was walking quite well at that point. He’s thinned out, now, but is a lot of lean muscle mass. I think he’s at least 35 lbs now at 18 months .. I need to get my slacker self over to the pediatrician to have his well baby checkup. I also think he’s at least 3 feet tall, which is scary.

Scary.

trannyheads last blog post: Commence Freak Out Session NOW!

Jan 31 11:19 pm

Oliver was 23 lb 4 oz at his ONE-year dr’s appt, but boys tend to be bigger. Maggie is *just right.* :) Hope she’s feeling better now. NO MORE SICK. Germuary is over!!!

Congrats to Dan on the new job! George and I were just talking about how thankful he is that he has a computer degree (while he’s still looking for an attorney job) because that field doesn’t seem to be affected as much by the crappy economy.

Send all your too-big jeans over here… I can just sew two pairs together so I can wear them… lol :P

EEEEEE!!! to #7 :)

And last but not least, go Steelers!

Melissas last blog post: coming soon: more rainbows and butterflies!

Feb 1 2:13 pm

5. Jane
    @seejane

Maria calls herself “Mani” (pronounced Ma-Knee)

Feb 2 4:29 pm

@Jane: oh my gosh, that’s exactly how Maggie says ‘Mannie’! haha our girls are too much alike, it’s scary :)

Feb 2 4:42 pm

7. hey Jen :)

Since you love lists, here’s one for you:

1. Poor Maggie with all that sick. Heidi has had “the runs” since last Monday – can’t shake it. It’s been rough – she’s been SCREAMING her head off during diaper changes. *I* want to cry from sympathy. It’s so hard when little ones get sick. Hopefully Maggie gets better soon. And I think Heidi only weighs about 25 pounds at 2 years 3 months. :P

2. I had to replace all of Heidi’s clothes in September – I think it’s almost the same time frame as Maggie – just before her 2nd birthday she had nothing that fit her.. :P

3. Congrats to Dan! It’s not easy finding a job right now. Hopefully it’s better for all fo you!

4. HAHA I was actually happy to hear that the Steelers won last night. I honestly don’t care that much for football (must be the Canadian in me?) so you’re the closest I get to the game. So, when I heard your home team won, I was happy for you! Any parades scheduled? hehe

5. Congrats on the smaller jeans!

6. Also happy for you that your business is doing so well! And it’s great that you are able to manage – with the demands of a toddler and doing client work – I think you’re doing a great job. I couldn’t handle it. I don’t know about you but Heidi is CONSTANTLY at my legs when I’m sitting at the computer. So my work time began at 10pm. And when I’d work late, Heidi seemed to instinctively know, and she’d be up bright and early the next morning.

7. Sounds fun!

8. Smart little cookie! Doesn’t it make you proud to be her mommy?

9. I’d love a night out…

10. Aww :) Moms are best.

Stephs last blog post: Office Space

Feb 2 5:18 pm

8. How fabulous is February so far? FREAKIN FABULOUS!

:-)

Feb 2 5:26 pm

@Steph: ha! Don’t be under any delusions that I actually get work done when Maggie’s at home with me. I might get an email or two written (and that’s only if Elmo or Ariel is on the tv) but the ‘real’ work happens when she’s napping (which is maybe 2 hours a day) or during the 2 days when she goes to daycare. I sometimes do work in the evenings, but only if absolutely necessary- usually just responding to emails, writing quotes, sending invoices, etc. I completely know what you’re talking about when you say Heidi is at your legs, Maggie does that too! hehe She also says ‘nononononono!’ when she sees me sit down at my desk. So she guilts me into not working. heh.

And thanks for rooting on the Steelers :) YAY!

Feb 2 6:41 pm