Super.

Our living room last night was a sight to behold.

Maggie was sick most of the weekend- within seconds of us getting home Friday night after picking her up at daycare, she threw up. All over the living room floor. So our weekend plans of taking her to my parents’ house on Saturday while I started repainting the bathroom and Dan had a day to relax all to himself (which, believe me, HE NEEDS IT.) and also having a party for the Steeler game on Sunday evening went out the window. Instead, Saturday included a feverish kid, Dan having to go into work for a while, and Maggie not sleeping well that night.

Yesterday was a loooong day. Maggie woke up for the day at 5am. She was eating okay and not acting sick. But OH MY GOSH, THE CRANKINESS. I went to the grocery store in the morning to get that out of the way, in case this week included more puking, and also to get some food for our own little Steeler party. Maggie took a good nap that afternoon, but by the time she woke up, Dan had been on the phone with something work-related for about an hour, and that continued for another two hours. All the while I was trying to keep a screaming, VERY VERY ANGRY toddler out of the living room so Daddy could concentrate. Needless to say, it got a little frustrating and there may have been some yelling. And later some apologies.

By the time the Steeler game started at 6:30, we were exhausted. I was barely in the mood for a football game and just wanted to go to bed (which, if you know me, speaks volumes about my state of mind at the time.) Mercifully, Maggie went to sleep without much fuss by 8pm, so we had the living room to ourselves for the next few hours.

During those few hours, we cheered on the Steelers to victory over the Ravens: VERY VERY QUIETLY. When Polamalu ran back the interception for a touchdown with only about 4 minutes to play, we knew it was SO CLOSE to being over. We were jumping around our living room- just the two of us!- waving our towels and silently screaming to each other: OH MY GOSH! WE’RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL! OH MY GOSH! Because seriously, going to the Super Bowl is exciting. But waking up my kid? A crime punishable by death.

So yeah. Steelers. Super Bowl. Holy crap.

snow. and Steelers.

1. My family was definitely FREAKING OUT last night. When Polamalu ran for that touchdown, I was jumping around my living room too. So excited!

I’m glad you got to enjoy the game despite Maggie’s sickness. Hopefully, she’ll be better by the Superbowl!

Amandas last blog post: And now a brief sports announcement

Jan 19 1:22 pm

2. The DAD

I will be glad to say goodbye to Germuary…

Jan 19 3:39 pm

@The DAD: oh my god. that’s terrible. and I’m so glad you posted this here so EVERYBODY CAN SEE WHAT A DORK YOU ARE.

Jan 19 3:40 pm

4. Aw, poor Maggie…I hope she feels better soon!!!

YAY Steelers! I am a tad disappointed at the half time show this year, though. Janet Jackson ruined everything!

Claudias last blog post: googler 1

Jan 19 9:32 pm

I am finally beginning to understand why there are SO MANY Steelers fans over here in Ohio… because the Browns may never get to the Super Bowl, so they have to live vicariously through a better team… lol. My dad’s family in PA are all crazy excited now. My cousin was actually at the game yesterday!

I hope Maggie is feeling better. No more puke is allowed in the jayesel house! You have used up all your weekly Puke Points for the ENTIRE YEAR already!! :P

Melissas last blog post: Potty Boot Camp

Jan 19 10:53 pm

6. Oh, POOR Maggie!! What a horrible run of bad luck in the sick department! When will it end?

But I have to say I am SO freakin excited about dem Steelers!! I honestly am still in shock!

Irenes last blog post: Sometimes a little screw in your shoe is all you need!!

Jan 20 12:26 pm

7. red pen mama
    @redpenmamapgh

sounds like the celebration at our house: DearDR and I jumping up and down, making no noise, giving high fives.

No puking here though. Knock wood! Go Steelers!

ciao,
    rpm

red pen mamas last blog post: Surviving the Game II: Some Good Advice

Jan 20 2:13 pm

8. OMG Snow!!! I miss that…

Is Maggie feeling better? She keeps getting sick. Poor little thing!

Francescas last blog post: Speechless, bitter…doesn’t begin to cover it

Jan 21 12:28 pm