shrinking jeans report #2

(You can read #1 from last week here.)

So today was weighing-in day for the Challenge, and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I lost another 2 pounds, making my weight this morning 125. I have lost a total of 6 pounds since the day before Thanksgiving, which makes me want to do a little dance around the room.

I’m a bit shocked at how quickly it has come off so far, partly because during the last 2 weeks I had 2 Thanksgiving dinners and about a bazillion cookies appear at my house. But I’ve been behaving myself pretty well. I haven’t deprived myself of anything I really wanted (like, I WANTED- no, NEEDED- a Snickers brownie yesterday after lunch.), however that first week was really tough because I was hungry basically all day long. But my body adjusted last week and since then, it hasn’t been too bad. I’m also drinking TONS of water.

I still haven’t stayed within my daily points on any given day, which apparently hasn’t mattered too much, but today I just might. Between breakfast and lunch today I’ve only eaten 9 points, so I have 11 left for dinner! I might even HAVE to eat a cookie tonight, ha! What a tough problem to have…

I also went to yoga again on Monday night (still sore from it, ow ow ow, damn you Power Yoga!). It was one of those nights where really all I wanted to do was stay home in my pajamas and NOT go out into the cold after dark, but I made myself go anyway and I felt so refreshed after my workout.

One thing I wish I had done before I started this was take some measurements in addition to weighing myself. My pants are already fitting SO much better, and my bras too. I don’t have numbers to look at, but just buttoning my dress pants this morning (size SIX!) and not feeling like I’m getting cut in half let me know that I’m definitely on the right track.

5 more pounds to go! Think I can do it before 2009?

1. hubby

Sholdn’t you be at work making me money…

Dec 10 3:48 pm

@hubby: I am at work, I was taking a break, Dear Husband.

Dec 10 3:55 pm

3. So, feel like giving a little more info on this WW thing??? How does it work? Do you have to order their food or just eat your own and keep track of points? (I don’t even know how the points work). Is it expensive?
    Full of questions, now aren’t I? :)

Jenn Ws last blog post: Mom

Dec 10 5:33 pm

4. That’s awesome! I wish I could get motivated.

Ginas last blog post: Photo Meme

Dec 10 6:59 pm

5. Great job! I’m down two pounds, too this week!

Bobbis last blog post: Shrinking Jeans: Week 1

Dec 10 8:09 pm

That’s awesome!

Melissas last blog post: Protected: season of hope

Dec 10 8:13 pm

7. I don’t know what your work out routines are, but have you thought of incorporating endurance training? That’ll help a lot with the weight loss and if you do it regularly, you don’t need to think about yo-yo effects of dieting.

Regines last blog post: Silly things that overexcite me these days

Dec 11 4:16 am

@Jenn W: WW isn’t about buying any sort of food- you can basically eat your own food, whatever you want, as long as the points add up to withing your daily range. I just do the online version- they also have real live meetings locally (my church has one, but I don’t go, I’m pretty sure it’s extra $$) The online registration is $16.95/month (or you can do 3 months and save a little bit) With that, you get access to their online points tracker, you can enter your own recipes and it will calculate points for you (that’s my favorite feature!) You’re basically paying for the service of using their tools- there are some free similar tools online, but they require some manual calculations and it’s just so much easier to enter your meals right in the tracker and be done.

Hope that helps :) This is my 2nd go-around with WW and I really like it. I’m doing it a 2nd time not because it didn’t work, but because I slacked off and started eating too much again! But it’s really good at teaching you how to eat right and showing you where you can cut out things and where you should add in healthier things.

Dec 11 9:54 am

@Regine: heh well, my workout routine is basically not a routine at all. I don’t always have time for any workout at all (and if I do, it’s at 10pm and I’m exhausted from the day and ready for bed! heh) Plus, I’ve never been a huge fan of exercise, so if I manage to do it at all it’s pretty much a miracle! I do recognize the importance of it, but doing it regularly just doesn’t fit into my life very well (a business & a toddler can do that!) So right now I’m just concentrating on the eating, because that I can do easily, and it totally works :)

Dec 11 9:56 am

10. Congrats Jen!! That is really awesome and amazing. You have done such a wonderful job. Also, it helps motivate me because my eating habits are good one week and bad the next. I’m blaming it on the baby but I’m not entirely sure that is morally legal. Hah. Oops.

Dec 11 10:03 am

11. Allison
    @AllisonB

Woo hoo! Way to go!

Your success is really convincing me to try Weight Watchers. I think I need a serious kick in the butt, because my own personal butt kicking is not working well enough!

Allisons last blog post: Wordless Wednesday: Boo!

Dec 11 10:50 pm

@Allison: Doing something where I have to record my eating is the ONLY way I can stick to it. I did it a few years ago (wow like 5 years ago now, I’m getting so old.) on my own, and it worked- just took longer because I was only counting calories, not including fat/fiber like the WW points do. But if I know I have to write it down later, I’m like hm, maybe I won’t have that third cookie ;) And I love graphs and charts, so it’s right up my alley! I say go for it- try it for a month, it’s only $17, right? Might just be the butt kicking you need :) hehe

Dec 12 10:08 am

13. That’s terrific. I seriously need to get that motivation, too. The ol’ metabolism certainly isn’t doing it anymore!

Hope you all are enjoying the season — and go you for keeping your will power about you!

Dec 13 11:22 am