November 24, 2008
The rules: You leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on.
1. Dan. This is kind of a no-brainer and I felt like I was totally cheating by including him. But hey, he’s definitely a huge part of my life and has been for 12 years. We were SEVENTEEN when we met and started dating. Damn that’s a like a lifetime ago.
2. Design. Or more specifically, web design. I dream in code, I have countless half-started designs on my hard drive, a note book full of ideas I start and sometimes go back to (and sometimes leave for ‘another day’) It’s what I do. I have no idea how I got here, but I love what I do.
3. Degree. I have one- a BS in Biology from Grove City College– but I haven’t used it in 3 years. I worked for 4 years doing cancer research at Pitt and I liked it well enough… but it wasn’t my Forever Job. I do still find science fascinating. I just don’t want to do it every. single. day. Plus the pay was CRAP, and now I get to work in my pajamas.
4. Daughter. Oh Margaret, you are a handful. But you are so much fun. What can I say? I love being your mom.
5. D-cups. Okay so this is the kind of answer you get when you ask your husband for help coming up with ideas for the letter D. Although, he’s right. I’ve got D-cups. MOVING ON NOW…
6. Dinner. It’s no secret: I LOVE FOOD. And I mostly enjoy cooking. But what I think is even more important that what we eat is who we eat with. Growing up my mom made sure that almost always, we all sat down and ate dinner together- my mom, my dad, my sister and me. It got a little crazy when we were older and in a lot of activities, but whenever we were able, we had family dinner. So whether it’s pizza or pot roast, I try to do the same with our little family.
7. Desperate Housewives. I have to steal this one from Allison– it applies to me too. I still love this show so much. It’s insane and silly and sometimes incredibly predictable. But the characters are so vivid and fun, it hasn’t gotten stale for me yet.
8. Drive. Sometimes I love to get in my car (preferably alone!) on a sunny day, the sunroof open (now that I have one!) and blast some music and just drive around. I’m always going somewhere, of course, but the driving part can sometimes be quite enjoyable. Unless it’s January in Pittsburgh. Then… NOTSOMUCH.
9. Domenicos. This is one of our favorite restaurants, and it’s also one that we seem to always forget about! Every time we eat there- either in the restaurant or ordering take out- we’re like DUDE, WHY don’t we eat here more often?? It’s so good. And it’s like 2 seconds from our house, which makes it even better.
10. Dress up. I never used to like getting dressed up, and truthfully, most days I’m in my pajamas (or as we like to call it in our house, my ‘Loser Suit’) or if I’m getting fancy and going out to the grocery store or Target, I’m in jeans and a tshirt. But I think because I rarely have to get ‘real’ clothes on, I actually enjoy it now. I like getting my hair all fixed up (which is really just a 10 minute blow-dry and out the door!), putting makeup on, and wearing shoes that don’t have laces or canvas air ventilation. I’m still not one for skirts or dresses unless I absolutely have to, but I find it a bit more exciting to get dressed up now than I used to. And yes, I realize that is horribly sad and pathetic. heh.