brought to you by the letter D.

So I’m gonna jump on the bandwagon with everyone else and do that letter thing. Gina gave me the letter ‘D’, so here I go!

The rules: You leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on.

1. Dan. This is kind of a no-brainer and I felt like I was totally cheating by including him. But hey, he’s definitely a huge part of my life and has been for 12 years. We were SEVENTEEN when we met and started dating. Damn that’s a like a lifetime ago.

2. Design. Or more specifically, web design. I dream in code, I have countless half-started designs on my hard drive, a note book full of ideas I start and sometimes go back to (and sometimes leave for ‘another day’) It’s what I do. I have no idea how I got here, but I love what I do.

3. Degree. I have one- a BS in Biology from Grove City College- but I haven’t used it in 3 years. I worked for 4 years doing cancer research at Pitt and I liked it well enough… but it wasn’t my Forever Job. I do still find science fascinating. I just don’t want to do it every. single. day. Plus the pay was CRAP, and now I get to work in my pajamas.

4. Daughter. Oh Margaret, you are a handful. But you are so much fun. What can I say? I love being your mom.

5. D-cups. Okay so this is the kind of answer you get when you ask your husband for help coming up with ideas for the letter D. Although, he’s right. I’ve got D-cups. MOVING ON NOW…

6. Dinner. It’s no secret: I LOVE FOOD. And I mostly enjoy cooking. But what I think is even more important that what we eat is who we eat with. Growing up my mom made sure that almost always, we all sat down and ate dinner together- my mom, my dad, my sister and me. It got a little crazy when we were older and in a lot of activities, but whenever we were able, we had family dinner. So whether it’s pizza or pot roast, I try to do the same with our little family.

7. Desperate Housewives. I have to steal this one from Allison- it applies to me too. I still love this show so much. It’s insane and silly and sometimes incredibly predictable. But the characters are so vivid and fun, it hasn’t gotten stale for me yet.

8. Drive. Sometimes I love to get in my car (preferably alone!) on a sunny day, the sunroof open (now that I have one!) and blast some music and just drive around. I’m always going somewhere, of course, but the driving part can sometimes be quite enjoyable. Unless it’s January in Pittsburgh. Then… NOTSOMUCH.

9. Domenicos. This is one of our favorite restaurants, and it’s also one that we seem to always forget about! Every time we eat there- either in the restaurant or ordering take out- we’re like DUDE, WHY don’t we eat here more often?? It’s so good. And it’s like 2 seconds from our house, which makes it even better.

10. Dress up. I never used to like getting dressed up, and truthfully, most days I’m in my pajamas (or as we like to call it in our house, my ‘Loser Suit’) or if I’m getting fancy and going out to the grocery store or Target, I’m in jeans and a tshirt. But I think because I rarely have to get ‘real’ clothes on, I actually enjoy it now. I like getting my hair all fixed up (which is really just a 10 minute blow-dry and out the door!), putting makeup on, and wearing shoes that don’t have laces or canvas air ventilation. I’m still not one for skirts or dresses unless I absolutely have to, but I find it a bit more exciting to get dressed up now than I used to. And yes, I realize that is horribly sad and pathetic. heh.

I had to laugh at number six, because that is totally something my husband would do if I asked him for help. Their brains always end up at the boobs, somehow. lol…

So what letter do I get? :)

Melissas last blog post: and when there was no moon she watched the stars

Nov 24 7:57 pm

2. Mel
    @overdramaticmel

Ha ha ha….why is it all men automatically associate boobs with letters?

I’m game with a letter! Just not x. :)

Mels last blog post: Christmas Card Exchange!

Nov 24 8:01 pm

3. I’m also guilty of the Desperate Housewives addiction. Though I’ve got way too many on the DVR that I haven’t had time to watch yet… sigh.

And hey, I’d love a letter if you’re dealing. :-)

JenniferCs last blog post: Hot monkey love, disheveled meerkats, and tiger teddy bears

Nov 24 8:47 pm

4. I’m in! This sounds like fun.

Jaimes last blog post: A Week of Thankfulness

Nov 24 9:06 pm

5. I want to play!!

Rachies last blog post: Wedding Pictures…1.5 years late.

Nov 24 9:36 pm

6. Too fun – I’m in.

Glad to see others love Desperate Housewives too. It’s my girly show now that Gilmore Girls is over.

Nicoles last blog post: November 23: 5 Weeks Left in 2008

Nov 24 9:58 pm

7. Jane
    @seejane

Chad would second the D-cup remark… geez boys!

Janes last blog post: Good, Bad, Ugly

Nov 24 11:42 pm

8. Excellent, more people confessing to enjoying Desperate Housewives! Seriously, it’s one of those shows with top ratings and lots of media, but NO ONE will admit to watching it. Same with Grey’s Anatomy, and Gilmore Girls when that was still on.

And I’d love a letter, please. :) Anything to give me inspiration to blog!

Renates last blog post: Cooold cold cold cold!

Nov 25 2:07 am

9. I wanna play!

By the way, my husband – who is also a Dan… but I call him Daniel would have given the same answer about the boobs. I’ve complained a lot about mine in the past few months, but he’s like a kid in the candy store… or a wolf drooling over a sheep. Whatever. In any case, it’s like I live with a teenaged boy and it makes me laugh since I’m well endowed without the pregnancy boost. lol! :)

Keelys last blog post: WHOA!

Nov 25 2:25 am

10. Priscilla
    @pgreen730

I have never eaten at Domenico’s. I should try it sometime.

I would like a letter please, I need some material to get a post in!

Nov 25 7:22 am

11. Love the list! I am a little jealous of #5 (I need the A list to discuss my guys…seriously).

And Dominico’s? LOVE it! I lived pretty much across the street from that place for a couple years, which was also coincided with the time when I met and started dating my now hubby. One of our favorite things to do was to go there on Friday nights for a big ole pizza and some beers. Their pizza was our absolute FAV.

Funny story – one night we went and ordered our usual large pepperoni and ate everything except maybe 1 or 2 pieces. The waiter just looked at us at the end and said “Boy, you eat a lot for two skinny people!”.

Boy, I miss that place!

Irenes last blog post: Natural light!

Nov 25 8:44 am

12. Allison
    @AllisonB

I’m jealous of #5, too. Nursing helped me out, but when I quit? Ugh.

Yeah, I just can’t help but love Desperate Housewives! It’s certainly not as “good” as it used to be, but I’m as obsessed as ever.

Dress up is a good one. I hadn’t thought of that!

Allisons last blog post: Up, Up, and Away!

Nov 25 12:09 pm

13. hey Jen! Please hand over a letter :)
    Note that I cannot even begin to think of things that start with an X so please be kind ;)

Stephs last blog post: Why Having Your Own Office Rules

Nov 25 3:33 pm

14. Becca
    @beccasanborn

I’ll take a letter, it’ll give me a good post for Thanksgiving day!

You did really well with D. :)

Beccas last blog post: Nostalgic Memories

Nov 25 9:10 pm

15. jen

Hi! I just read your post…found you by way of wwtweets.

I am in – give me a letter.

Nov 26 4:07 pm

16. I’m right there with you on #2 Design. I’m a web designer myself and I have many unfinished designs hidden away. Good thing about them is that there are usually some good little nuggets in them, like a button style, color palette, etc that I sometimes reuse for other sites.

Nov 28 11:07 pm