I know memes are kind of a cop-out during NaBloPoMo, but dude. The week I have had. My brain is fried. Plus I spent most of my day in the car today, sitting in traffic on the way to a meeting I had downtown, to which I was LATE because of said traffic (oh HAI, stupid construction on the highway where three lanes goes down to ONE LANE for TWENTY FEET!! and then immediately back to three lanes, and OH, wait, there is not a single construction worker or piece of equipment anywhere?? WTF??!!?!?) And then of course I hit the same traffic on the way back, so I took a semi-shortcut, which probably took me just as long, but at least I was MOVING, and the upside was that I was going past a Taco Bell that way, so I stopped and had myself a grilled stuffed burrito (no beans!) and it was DEL-IC-IOUS. So a 1 hour meeting that was 30 minutes away that I missed the first 20 minutes of turned into almost a 4 hour trip. Yeah. It was an incredibly productive day.
But hey. It’s Friday. Rock on. This week’s Friday Five theme is ‘Misuses’.
1. When did you last use the edge of a coin (or a knife blade) as a screwdriver? I do believe it was when I was opening the back of Maggie’s baby monitor. It has the TEENIEST little screw on the back for the batteries, and I couldn’t find our elf-sized screwdriver anywhere, so I used a knife. It worked like a charm.
2. When did you last use a wire coat-hanger to break into a car? I don’t think I ever have, actually. Though I was tempted once, in high school, when my poor Mom had to drive 20 minutes in the snow at midnight to come and bring another car key because I locked the keys in her RUNNING car when I was at Dan’s house. Yeah. She was none to happy about that one.
3. When did you last use food or drink as medication? Last month, instead of killing a client with my bare hands, I had some sangria and a burrito instead. Cured my rage almost instantly. Or at least temporarily.
4. When did you last use your cellular telephone as a flashlight? Back in September when we lost our power during the remnants of Hurricane Ike. I used the light from Dan’s Blackberry to go find the real flashlights and candles.
5. When did you last use a paper clip for any purpose other than to clip paper? ooh, that’s a tough one… maybe when I was in elementary school and we would do that disgusting thing where you make a fake retainer out of a bare metal paper clip? Ew. Why are kids so weird and gross?