guilty pleasures

Some days, I want to blog but can think of nothing interesting to write about. I try not to be all ‘Maggie Maggie Maggie!’ in my posts as not to bore those who don’t have kids or those who simply get sick of hearing about other people’s kids. But I also like to keep things real around here and just talk about what’s going on, and since that’s usually ‘Maggie Maggie Maggie!’ that’s usually what ends up making it to the blog.

But today. Today I was given a gift. Today, I have something much different to blog about. You are welcome.

For the last few weeks, as you know, we’ve been cleaning out and organizing all of the junk that was stored in our office for 4 years. SO MUCH CRAP. Most of it was stuff we actually use and just didn’t have anywhere else to store it (which has been rectified by some heavy-duty reorganization of the garage and our laundry room) But some things we labeled ‘Sell on eBay or Craigslist’. One of those items was a large box of random hockey and baseball cards that Dan has had since he was a kid. This afternoon, he sat down to go through them all and try to see if there were any worth a significant amount of money (SPOILER: There weren’t any. DANG.)

But what treasures did he find in the box of cards? Oh-HO! Behold.

MC Hammer

Now, he’s not entirely sure whose card this was. It could have been his, or it could have been his sister’s. And really, either way would be fine. MC Hammer was All That back in the day, for both girls and boys. So I can’t tease him too badly about having it (though finding it nearly 20 years later is hilarious. Those glasses? SERIOUSLY?)

However… this next discovery? WOW.

NKOTB!

He claims they were his sister’s. Kate, if you read this, any truth to that? Or is Dan holding out on me? Was he secretly wishing he could come along to the concert last weekend with us girls? And what happened to Jordan and Jon? Are they hidden somewhere even MORE secretive than his box of manly sports cards? Hm…

I guess we may never know.

Oh how I wish he had found these last week before the show. That would have been totally awesome. I SO would have tried to get them autographed.

1. Nichole

That is sooo funny!!! Oh the things we find form our younger days. I wonder what you could get for them on Ebay!!! :D

Oct 11 11:30 pm

2. *rofl* Unfortunately, Dan’s a few cards short of a full set:

Oct 12 11:31 am

3. Caitlin
    @caitysparkles

Wow, that is awesome!! I bet those cards are worth something too. You’ll just have to get them signed next time!!

Caitlins last blog post: The Frank and Mary show is here.

Oct 12 11:31 am

@Allura: lol yup, guess we just missed our chance on this one ;) hehe

Oct 12 11:34 am

Heehee, that is WAY better than the stuff I found the other week! I remember those NKOTB trading cards too! But the best part is that you found them with DAN’s stuff. Now you have blackmail material if you ever need it! ;)

Melissas last blog post: side stepping

Oct 12 4:17 pm

6. Oh wow… how I loved new kids on the block. Saw them back in the day, had the sleeping bag, the t shirt, the posters on my wall.. you’ve seen them in concert recently?! I’m gonna have to read the post about that one! (here through blogher ads, just so you know!)

MommyJs last blog post: A word about Clay…

Oct 13 10:17 pm

7. Athena

I always thought Dan could be an NKOTB kinda guy. Not really MC Hammer – but definitely NKOTB!!! ;)

Oct 14 9:13 pm

8. I know there are many people that are closet fans of NKOTB, my husband included!!! They want to be just like them! That’s so funny that you found them with the baseball cards! Too funny! :)

I have a box down in my basement of old posters and trading cards. Ahhh! I’ve threatened Brad a few times that I’m going to put the posters back up since they are back together again! He doesn’t think I’m serious, but while I’m on maternity leave, I may have a small project in the basement! *evil laugh*

Julies last blog post: 36 week appointment