September 11, 2008
- My kid is currently obsessed with throwing things in the garbage. Mostly brand-new tissues from the tissue box, but at least she gets the concept. Now if I can just get her to make me a sandwich, I’ll never have to leave the couch. Motherhood WIN!
- Recent new words for Maggie: ‘pizza’, ‘truck’, ‘thank you’, ‘please’, pretty sure she said ‘Grandma’ in the car, ‘stuck’, ‘Buh-BYE!’ (she’s been saying ‘Bye’ for a while but now she says it all cute and clear!)
- My grandma and grandfather are visiting this week from Florida. After some big drama involving a brief hospital stay out west, they headed this way a little earlier than planned, but we’re happy to have them! Maggie is enjoying wrapping two more people around that little pinky of hers. (Also: Grandfather has a blog. How freaking cool is THAT??)
- Saturday is Car Day. We’ll be finalizing the deal that morning- not sure if they’ll have my car there yet (they have to find a red one from another dealer) but we’re ALMOST there. Dan was The Negotiator this week and he did a good job. And yes, he sang the song from the Priceline commercials while I ROLLED MY EYES AT HIM.
- I’m like 99% sure I’ll be getting a new camera in the next few months. I’m in the midst of The Monster Project & Client From Hell, and when it’s all over, I’m using some of the money to give myself a reward for not going postal on the guy. I’m also 99% sure I’m going with a Canon, probably the XSi. I’ve had 3 Canons in a row now, and I just love them. My grandfather is also a PhotoGeek, he has a 40D which I drool over every time he visits. He’s been tutoring me on F-stops and aperture and all those numbers that come with these fancy-pants cameras. I’ve learned a lot in just a couple of days!
- I think I’ve finally ALMOST kicked this nasty cold that’s been haunting us. Dan has successfully avoided it (though we don’t know how, because Maggie has wiped many-a-booger on him this past week) Maggie is completely better and even sleeping a little better too *crossesfingers* Last night I thought I was losing my voice, but unfortunately for Dan, it was a ltitle better today. I still sound a little like an 80-year-old 3-pack-a-day smoker by the end of the day, but at least I can breathe and swallow my food without pain. It’s the little things.
- Remember that contest I held a while back? Pomjob.com has been launched! Go give her some blog love!
- I’m having a Pampered Chef party at my house next Friday (really just an excuse to eat good food!) But if anyone out there in BlogWorld needs something, you can totally place an online order and I’ll get credit for it towards my party. Christmas is right around the corner! Gifts for everyone!