makes me want to dig out my old yearbooks and start scanning

I am like WEEKS behind on this. Everyone else was busy Yearbook-ing themselves a while ago. But I never got around to it. I have a horrible headache, a stuffy nose, and a sore throat tonight, so this was just the kind of mindless entertainment I needed.

First, Dan:

1952 – This one looks not unlike one of my Homecoming dates from high school.
Dan - 1952

Dan - 1956

1974 – um. I don’t even know.
Dan - 1974

Dan - 1976

1988 – Drove a Camaro, for SURE.
Dan - 1988

1996 – This one cracks me up because this is the year we met. And honestly? HE TOTALLY LOOKED LIKE THIS.
Dan - 1996

Now me!

Jen - 1952

Jen - 1960

1966 – I’m thinking of taking this picture with me to my next haircut. What do you think?
Jen - 1966

1974 – This one I like, actually- I look like my mom in 1974!
Jen - 1974

1990 – Oh 1990, you tried so hard to not be the 80s, but you FAILED MISERABLY.
Jen - 1990

1996 – Looks oddly NOT photo-shopped. What I would look like with short, blond hair.
Jen - 1996

I promise that I’ll get back to writing real posts one of these days. I’ve just had a relapse this evening of The Cold That Will Not Die and my brain is stuffy.

1. Becca

September 8, 2008 10:02 pm

I did that labor day weekend.. I ended up with a lot of photos in which I finally saw how I look like my sister.

Oddly, the ones of the late 90s, I look nothing like I actually did.. oh well.

2. Allison

September 8, 2008 10:05 pm

HAHAHAH I totally love the 1974 pic of Dan… There’s just something about that hair! It makes him totally look like a hippy who only plays guitar for all the chicks it would bring him… or a sleezy 70s college professor! And you could totally rock the bangs in 1990.

3. Allison

September 8, 2008 11:16 pm

HAHAHAHA! Oh my god that was hilarious. I have got to do that. Absolutely wonderful.

Allisons last blog post: Will You Stand Up?

4. julie

September 8, 2008 11:24 pm

I’ve seen these around too. There’s something about the ears in the first one of Dan that is disturbing. I guess because his ears don’t look even; one being near the top of his head and the other below his jaw (I’m greatly exaggerating this, but it’s the illusion). It’s funny how they have him pegged for the 1996 photo. I like the 1974 version of you! I think that’s the most “real” one of you. I guess I mean, I could see you with longer hair and wearing it that way.

julies last blog post: I’ve been meaning to upload this…

5. Priscilla

September 9, 2008 7:15 am

I can’t remember who you went to homecoming with but I so have a feeling I know who you are talking about!!!

I love these….thanks for cracking me up so early this morning!!

6. Sunshine

September 9, 2008 7:52 am

The first one of Dan looks like the dad from Back to The Future.

7. Michelle

September 9, 2008 8:47 am

I would totally go out with 1988 Dan. Yum.

September 9, 2008 8:58 am

@Michelle: hehe yeah I KNOW. What a hottie.

9. Nichole

September 9, 2008 9:29 am

That is so funny!!! I did it too and I like my hair in the 60’s! hehe

10. Burgh Baby

September 10, 2008 1:52 pm

I hope you’re feeling better soon. It sucks that M is sort of sleeping and you’re sick. Just can’t catch a break, you know?

Um, yeah. Dan circa 1974? I know someone who looks EXACTLY like that RIGHT NOW. Maybe I’ll introduce you one of these days.

Burgh Babys last blog post: Big Head, Big Heart

11. Barbara

September 11, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi. This actually doesn’t have anything to do with this current post right here, but I just want to tell you about a pretty funny thing that just happened.

I’m a sophomore at the University of Pittsburgh and I just got back from class about an hour ago. I was (and still am) eating my leftover Singapore Rice Noodles I bought from Zaw’s last night. I decided that since my mom sent me a lot of vermicelli rice noodles from the Chinese market back home, I should find a good recipe online and whip some up. I Googled and happened upon a post you wrote back in January where you posted a recipe for these noodles. I started reading and it said “Back when I started working at Pitt,” and I had to do a triple take.

It doesn’t seem that weird maybe, but it is! A Google search of what must be hundreds of recipes for Singapore rice noodles, and one of the first I find is written by a woman who not only lives in Pittsburgh but works at the university I attend. I don’t know if you think it’s cool as I do. It’s okay if you don’t.

By the way, I’ve been meaning to try out Spice Island Tea House, but I always end up going to either LuLu’s for Asian food or India Garden because it’s half off after 10. However, I finally tried out Zaw’s in Squirrel Hill, and it is maaarvelous. The Burmese Garlic Noodle with BBQ pork is just…it’s just decadent. I recommend it.

September 12, 2008 8:58 am

@Barbara: whoa that is a freaky coincidence!! I actually no longer work at Pitt (I quit in 2005) but I was there for 4 years and went to Spice Island at least once a week for lunch. I miss it sometimes SO MUCH. I’ve never heard of or been to Zaw’s, but I did go to My Thai once. I live north of the city, so I don’t get down that way very often anymore :)

Anyway, hope I was helpful with the recipe! It seriously tastes exactly like the dish at Spice Island, I was really surprised. Now I just have to find recipes for my other favorites, and I’ll be set :) :)

13. Steph

September 16, 2008 1:18 am

this is awesome :) The 1996 you looks perfect! Dan suits each year.. its funny :)

Stephs last blog post: Nostalgia & Stuff

14. Good Books

September 17, 2008 4:28 am

That’s the best thing I’ve ever seen :)