Holy cow did this week go fast. Friday Five time again!
(PS- It’s the last day of my Pampered Chef show ordering period- if you’d like to buy something, do it today!! A great big thanks to those who have already, you guys rock.)
1. When did someone last break something of yours?
Nobody actually broke it, but my laptop is fried at the moment. Needs a whole new motherboard & graphics card. FUN! Maggie broke a travel mug of mine not too long ago… not a huge deal, though. She just likes to throw things while we go for walks.
2. When did you last play hackysack, if ever?
Junior high? And I’m not even sure I played, I might have just watched people play in the church parking lot. heh.
3. What was your most dramatic haircut like?
Probably in 6th grade when I got a perm. Or maybe when I was pregnant and I chopped it off to my chin.
4. Hacking is basically breaking through the security that protects a computer or a website. What’s the closest you’ve come to doing something similar in real life?
At one of my jobs, we suspected that a coworker was doing some things they probably shouldn’t have been doing while at work on the (shared!) computer… so I did some digging and you DO NOT even want to know what I found. Nothing illegal or anything, just… things that shouldn’t be a on a work computer. Use your imagination.
5. In the world of stand-up comedy, a hack is a comic who steals jokes from other comics. Have you ever known a hack in your own field?
Yup. I recently discovered that a designer I admired for a long time has ripped off designs completely from other sites. Like- copy/paste ripped off. Totally changed my opinion.