random lists are fun!

• My kid is currently obsessed with throwing things in the garbage. Mostly brand-new tissues from the tissue box, but at least she gets the concept. Now if I can just get her to make me a sandwich, I’ll never have to leave the couch. Motherhood WIN!
  • Recent new words for Maggie: ‘pizza’, ‘truck’, ‘thank you’, ‘please’, pretty sure she said ‘Grandma’ in the car, ‘stuck’, ‘Buh-BYE!’ (she’s been saying ‘Bye’ for a while but now she says it all cute and clear!)
  • My grandma and grandfather are visiting this week from Florida. After some big drama involving a brief hospital stay out west, they headed this way a little earlier than planned, but we’re happy to have them! Maggie is enjoying wrapping two more people around that little pinky of hers. (Also: Grandfather has a blog. How freaking cool is THAT??)
  • Saturday is Car Day. We’ll be finalizing the deal that morning- not sure if they’ll have my car there yet (they have to find a red one from another dealer) but we’re ALMOST there. Dan was The Negotiator this week and he did a good job. And yes, he sang the song from the Priceline commercials while I ROLLED MY EYES AT HIM.
  • I’m like 99% sure I’ll be getting a new camera in the next few months. I’m in the midst of The Monster Project & Client From Hell, and when it’s all over, I’m using some of the money to give myself a reward for not going postal on the guy. I’m also 99% sure I’m going with a Canon, probably the XSi. I’ve had 3 Canons in a row now, and I just love them. My grandfather is also a PhotoGeek, he has a 40D which I drool over every time he visits. He’s been tutoring me on F-stops and aperture and all those numbers that come with these fancy-pants cameras. I’ve learned a lot in just a couple of days!
  • I think I’ve finally ALMOST kicked this nasty cold that’s been haunting us. Dan has successfully avoided it (though we don’t know how, because Maggie has wiped many-a-booger on him this past week) Maggie is completely better and even sleeping a little better too *crossesfingers* Last night I thought I was losing my voice, but unfortunately for Dan, it was a ltitle better today. I still sound a little like an 80-year-old 3-pack-a-day smoker by the end of the day, but at least I can breathe and swallow my food without pain. It’s the little things.
  • Remember that contest I held a while back? Pomjob.com has been launched! Go give her some blog love!
  • I’m having a Pampered Chef party at my house next Friday (really just an excuse to eat good food!) But if anyone out there in BlogWorld needs something, you can totally place an online order and I’ll get credit for it towards my party. Christmas is right around the corner! Gifts for everyone!

New Maggie words, cool new car, and soon a fancy new camera… I’m glad everything is going so well. :)

Sep 11 11:25 pm

2. Priscilla
    @pgreen730

Your Grandfather’s site is very cool! I can’t imagine being on the road for so long or so much!

I will be there for the Pampered Chef party and I am so excited to be childless and around other adults!!!

Sep 12 7:20 am

@Melissa: aw this makes me sad, because I know things for you right now are so incredibly rough. It’s either feast or famine, isn’t it? Either everything is going great, or everything feels like it’s falling apart :( Just hang in there, things will get back to normal for you guys soon… and good luck to George with his resumes, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for him!!!!!

Sep 12 8:59 am

@Priscilla: awesome! Yeah I’m excited for the party too- even though Maggie will be there and I won’t really be ‘childless’, there will be plenty of other people there (Grandma and Aunt Michelle, particularly!) to entertain her :)

And I know- I can’t believe the trip they were planning. It was such a bummer to have to cut it short- they had plans for a bunch of stuff out west, and had to cancel all of it and just head back this way. I think it was going to be a 5 week trip? I don’t even think Dan and I could do that, even without Maggie along! That’s a long long trip, lots of driving.

Sep 12 9:01 am

5. I am extremely jealous of your upcoming camera purchase. I’ve been drooling over my friend’s XSI for weeks, but I have to wait until some graduation checks roll my way in December.

And I’ll definitely be looking into the Pampered Chef merchandise. I could always use a pizza stone…

Sep 12 9:20 am

6. Nichole

You will LOVE that camera!!! I LOVE mine!!! I got it last year with our Tax return. I would sleep with my camera under my pillow!!!!!

Sep 12 9:43 am

7. mel
    @overdramaticmel

I love the new site you got launched. It’s pretty. :)

Sep 13 11:09 am

8. Andrea

So cool that Gpa has a blog! And his camera is awesome- it takes such crisp pictures! :) I need to get a new camera- one that can handle “action” shots! If anyone is moving when my camera shoots, it’s just a blur! (Usually it’s Bridget’s hands/arms that are blurry!) :)

Sep 13 3:51 pm

9. Jane
    @seejane

Maria likes to stick CLEAN diapers in the diaper champ… *sigh*

I’m so interested in which camera you buy… I’m looking to upgrade to something with some speed, so i can actually take pictures of Maria before she realizes I’m taking them!

I will check out the PC… I LOVE Pampered Chef…

Sep 14 7:59 am