insert title here

Warning: this post is going to be all over the place because frankly- that’s JUST HOW LIFE IS GOING RIGHT NOW.

So last weekend when we were cleaning out the basement of the Cat Pee Carpet and organizing the garage and scraping the glued-down carpet-padding (yeah. GLUE and FOAM are a great combination.) I somehow jacked up my wrist. I have a weird bump about 1/3 up my forearm and if I turn my wrist certain ways, it hurts like CRAP. And since I make my living typing on a computer, you can imagine how fun yesterday was when I was working from 8:30 until 5. By mid-afternoon, my arm was aching something fierce. I finally broke down and tried wrapping it in an ace bandage, just to try to stabilize it a bit. It helped a little, but I think I wrapped it a little tight and after an hour or so my fingers started to feel funny. heh. Then Dan reminded me of this wrist-wrap thing he got a few years ago when he hurt his wrist playing hockey- BINGO! It has made a huge difference- way more comfortable than the ace bandage (no numb fingers!) and it is helping a lot, surprisingly. I think I just strained a tendon or something and it needs some rest to heal. But with work and picking up Maggie 5,827 times a day, my arms and hands just don’t get much time off.

(Dan is totally making fun of me, because I seriously scraped the glue on the floor for 5 minutes. And I somehow hurt myself. I’m retarded, apparently. He called it my ‘Arm-gina’, insinuating that I’m a girl. Which… well YEAH I AM. What’s it to ya?)

It makes me scared though- what if I ever get carpal tunnel? HOW WILL I LIVE WITHOUT THE INTERNET? How will I work? Very Frightening.

What else? Oh yeah, my car air conditioning. Take a look at this forecast. (Go ahead, I’ll wait.) Um yeah so in the 90s. And I have no AC in my car. Apparently it’s going to be Very Expensive to fix too, according to the guy at JiffyLube who tried to recharge the freon for me (and bless his heart, didn’t charge me a penny when it failed to work. How nice is that??) Something about a compressor not kicking on or something… I dunno, I quit listening after my heart exploded from my chest when he said $500. Hilariously enough, I called a few places and one place said $1100. Then I died. I’m hoping it’s not the major problem he mentioned, and that it’s just something else… I’m waiting for calls back from a few places to see where and when I can take it to get looked at.

One thing I never thought about before having a kid is what a pain in the butt it is to get work done on a car. Especially when we only have 1 car that a) I can drive (Dan’s is a manual and I don’t know how. BY CHOICE. I’m sorry, but I’m lazy and feel that the car should just GO without me telling it what gear it should be in.) and b) can fit a carseat. And when that one car needs repairs? Things get complicated. Especially when the repairs will take longer than just an hour or so and I will probably need to leave the car overnight. In other words: THIS SUCKS.

I finally managed to get 2 good nights of sleep in a row! After Sunday night’s 3-hour Extravaganza of Teething (wow that was so much fun, let me tell you.) and Monday night’s 6 hour Fun Fest of Misery, it was nice to get 2 nights of 7 and 8 hours of sleep in a row. I’m feeling more human and I haven’t fantasized about locking myself in the closet in, like, 2 days. I think there’s just one last molar that needs to poke through and hopefully we’re done for a while. Because seriously? Mama can’t take it anymore. Have some mercy.

hm… oh yeah! So I’m kinda bummed about not going to BlogHer. Is that totally cliche? In past years, I didn’t care all that much (last year, mostly because I was stuck in New Baby World) but this year… man, it sounds like fun. And it would be so nice to be in San Francisco right now, ALOOOONE. I’m thinking about making plans to go next year… but only if some of my blog buddies go along. Any takers?

I’m going to a Pampered Chef party tomorrow night. I’ve never been to a Pampered Chef party before! I’ve been to Mary Kay and Party Lite, but never Pampered Chef. I’m excited. I get out of the house to talk to grown-up ladies about food and stuff! Yay! I’m wondering if I can convince them to go out for dessert and a movie and maybe leaving the state for the weekend? That might be fun!

And in closing, I would just like to say that my daughter loves Kleenex. The end.

1. I fear for Kleenex should the two girls ever end up in a room together. It.would.be.a.disaster.zone.

Heh. Right now I’m thinking that you’re thinking you were hoping they outgrow the Kleenex thing before they turn 2. Nope! Enjoy that happy thought.

Burgh Babys last blog post..Undersea Domestic Violence

Jul 17 11:43 am

2. Glad things are seeming to be back to normal! No sleep truly sucks. Big time!

I know what you mean about Blogher. I am really wishing I had the funds/ability to go! And it is in my mind to consider going next year! I am sure my envy is going to be even worse once we start reading reports about how much fun the conference really was. Yes, I truly feel we are missing out on some serious fun!

Irenes last blog post..My day in pictures!

Jul 17 11:58 am

@overdramaticmel

I’m making tentative plans to go next year. :) I wanted to go THIS year, but yeah…too many changes in life. By this time next year, I’m going to NEED a big break from my world here. :)

Jul 17 12:38 pm

4. Corrie
    @iheartsnark

Oh, my arm-gina! I swear you two crack me up!!!

Jon drives from our house to Shadyside everyday and if you recall earlier this summer his car cost likr, $1700 to repair. He called me in the middle of this and said, “Hey, Good news, the car-guy said it would cost $500 to fix the A/C!”, all hopeful that I would okay that idea. I was all, “Guess you are going to be sweaty when you come home from work!” because I am an evil bitch like that. I then realized that I actually drive his car to work so he can go places with the kids. My hair gets all frizzy. The best thing…we both need new cars! Hahahahahahaha. My life just gets better and better all the time!

I have always wanted to go to BlogHer, I would so go in a minute if I had a travel buddy! I will go!

Corries last blog post..Fit for a Princess

Jul 17 1:47 pm

5. Jane
    @seejane

Yeah for the sleep!!!

And if you have any questions about Pampered Chef products, feel free to ask me, I used to be a consultant and own a bunch of it!! :) I will tell you the honest truth about what I know!

Good luck with the wrist too! I would like to say that men end up with stupid injuries too. Chad’s friends read my blog, so I’m not allowed to write about the fact that he got his arm stuck in the laundry chute and his entire bicep is bruised… but I’m happy to write about it here!

Jul 17 2:07 pm

6. I would love to be at Blogher! On one hand, I would feel like the big doofus who doesn’t belong there with my silly little blog of nonsense and my 7 readers, but on the other hand – SO MUCH FUN!

I like Pampered Chef. I have a bunch of stuff and some of them I use almost every day, like my chopper and stone. And that potato peeler that looks like a crappy 99 cent one but works better than any one I’ve ever had, ever, which somehow got lost and I lament it every time I need to peel something.

Ginas last blog post..Unblocking, Part 1

Jul 17 2:36 pm

7. The Pampered Chef party is a dangerous area for me. I’ve only been once, and I was 13. My mom thought it would be fun to take me, as I loved (and still love) cooking. She didn’t want to buy anything, but somehow we walked out with a pizza stone and a shaved ice machine (because obviously, I needed to make slushies EVERY NIGHT.) Lesson: When Maggie gets older and likes to cook, do not take her to a Pampered Chef party if you don’t want to spent a lot of money on mildly useful kitchen tools.

Oh, and that picture is adorable :)

Amandas last blog post..Shame on You, Emmy Voters!

Jul 17 2:55 pm

8. I know I won’t be able to do BlogHer next year, but maybe the next time.

Pampered Chef is always a little dangerous for me. I’ve had a party before and well, lets just say my kitchen is full of the stuff and I would like more. Thankfully, I haven’t bought any PC in two or more years. I almost always use their stuff daily…seriously. I have more than 10 stones and nearly all of their gadgets. See DANGEROUS!

Yay for sleep!

Jul 17 4:15 pm

9. Hi, I’m Debbie. Cute blog! And cute daughter! I will be back!

Debbie Daviss last blog post..Thursday Thoughtable

Jul 17 5:10 pm

10. Nichole

I just started selling Pampred Chef!!!!! If you want to have a party let me know!!!!!! (I only started selling it so I could get a discount!!!!)
    I hate when things break!!! in our house it is never just one thing it is two or three thing break at once!!!

Jul 17 9:06 pm

11. Allison
    @AllisonB

Oh man…I’m sorry about all the car stuff! And teething stuff! And wrist stuff! I hope things settle down a bit soon.

I’ve never been to a Pampered Chef party, but I imagine it would be *really* dangerous for me. I love kitchen stuff. I love cooking. I love buying things. bad bad bad!

Oh the kleenex thing is awful! I can’t let Alex anywhere need them or they are all pulled out before I can even grab him. What a mess and a waste!

Have you thought about going to the BlogHer extension thingy in DC?

Allisons last blog post..Good News, Everyone!

Jul 17 10:39 pm

@Corrie: Yeah Dan’s a barrel of laughs, lemme tell ya. *rolls eyes*

If I’m not extremely knocked up this time next year (which I highly doubt I will be, but you never know, I might have a moment of insanity) then we HAVE to make plans for BlogHer. That would rock so hard!!!!!!!

Jul 17 10:40 pm

@Jane: oh man! He got his arm stuck in the laundry chute?? lol that is so… terrible. and hilarious! heehee

Jul 17 10:41 pm

@Gina: Don’t we all have blogs of nonsense???!!? ;) And yeah I’ve thought about how I’d feel like a huge dork around all those A-listers who make thousands every month on their blogs. It took me 4 months to get a $30 check from my ads- lol!!! But it would still be so much fun- even just for the trip WITHOUT ANY KIDS OR HUSBANDS, right?????

Jul 17 10:42 pm

@Allison: Yeah I loooove kitchen gadgets, so I’m going to need to seriously restrain myself tomorrow night. Maybe I’ll leave my checkbook and my credit card at home… except I pretty much have the CC number memorized because I do so much online stuff with my business, so that probably won’t work… lol

Jul 17 10:45 pm

16. Definitely feelin’ ya on BlogHer. Just couldn’t make it work this weekend and I frickin’ work a few blocks from the convention center. Totally sucks for it to be so close and I can’t go.

bellacantares last blog post..July 12 of 12

Jul 17 11:46 pm

17. Shamelessly Sassy
    @shameleslysassy

I plan on attending BlogHer next year. I don’t care if it is in Timbuktu. I’m going. I’m so bummed I am not there right now.

Shamelessly Sassys last blog post..Incognito

Jul 18 5:23 pm

Hope your wrist is feeling better! Hope the sleeping-through-the-night is continuing , too!

I must be the only person who doesn’t plan on going to BlogHer, at least not in the near future (mainly because I might be popping out another baby this time next year)… and it’s not that I don’t think it would be a lot of fun (especially with blog buddies!), but I already missed out on a beach vacation this year, and the next time I go anywhere, I want to spend all day by the ocean. :)

Jul 18 8:54 pm