bringing sexy back

Today was my second Yoga class (actually, today it was ‘Yogilates’, which doesn’t that sound dirty? heee!) It wasn’t dirty though. Just very, very hard, especially since I was still sore from Monday. But I’m totally digging it. A high school friend has a yoga/pilates studio that she has now combined with a local gym, and they’re having a special of FREE! UNLIMITED! classes until February 7. Plus FREE! childcare. So I’m trying some of them out and I’m 99.9% sure I’m going to sign up at the end of the free period. I need some kind of structure and schedule for my workouts- otherwise, I will ALWAYS find something else to do (like blog, or work, or catch up on what’s on my DVR, or whatever) when I get some free time during Maggie’s naps. The gym is about 20 minutes from my house, but so far that hasn’t bothered me at all. I consider it ‘Me Time’, which is always good. And Maggie is so good with other people, she didn’t even blink an eye when I left her in the kid’s room for an hour.

PLUS! The good news of the week! On Sunday, I weighed myself for the first time in a couple of weeks, and I am officially LESS than I was when I got pregnant. Which, I was still about 5-10 pounds more than I would have liked, but hey. Progress! Also, I went through my closet and tried on a ton of clothes, a lot of clothes that I thought would never fit me again. Some still don’t (and probably never will- into the Good Will bag they go!) but I was able to get back into a few pairs of jeans!! I literally bounced down the hall in them to model for Dan and Maggie, who stared at me like I was insane. heh.

Countdown to when I have to wear a bathing suit in front of other people: less than 5 months. EEK! Talk about motivation…

1. janet
    @loveisblonde

hey I went to my first yoga class tonight too! I liked it, but I found out a new teacher starts next week so I hope I like her too.

Congrats on the skinny jeans thing! That’s the absolute best feeling.

Jan 16 9:08 pm

2. That is GREAT, Jen!! Yay for fitting in pre-baby jeans!!! :)

I wish I had some kind of place like that near me! ‘Me time’ AND free child care? Sign me up! hehe

Melissa’s latest blog post: vacation countdown: 17 weeks

Jan 16 9:52 pm

3. Priscilla
    @pgreen730

We still haven’t gone to the gym!!! I’m getting impatient because um yeah, IT’S FREE!!! Maybe I can convince Chuck to get his butt in gear and go tomorrow morning.
    Did Kris teach your yoga class? I need to get in shape before I even consider taking a class because I’ll be too embarassed when someone has to peel me up off the floor when I pass out from being so out of shape!!!

Jan 16 10:04 pm

4. Yay for you! I’m scared of yoga, as I am the least flexible person I have ever known.

I am SO not waiting that long. My clothes are going out the window if they don’t fit by the end of the month. :D

Jan 16 10:05 pm

@Priscilla: Oh I totally hid in the back row, don’t you worry! And yes, Kris taught this one, she’s so professional! hehe it’s so funny watching someone you’ve known since like age 5 do their job. She’s great at it though!

Jan 16 10:07 pm

6. Shari
    @ShooieFox

Yay for you. I also practice yoga.. So i so understand.. and the *you time* is the most important..

Jan 16 10:08 pm

@Laura: Actually, yoga isn’t much about flexibility- I’m not very flexible anymore at all! It’s mostly about holding the poses using strength and focus, and if you can’t do different moves/poses the ‘real’ way (which there were some that I couldn’t) they have modifications to them that help a lot. All I know is, I am SORE from just 2 workouts- and I haven’t been sore from a workout in a long time!

End of the month!!!? PSSHT. I was still wearing maternity jeans in September! Of course, I gained like 40 pounds while I was pregnant, and I don’t think you gained quite that much :)

Jan 16 10:10 pm

8. Well, if you’re looking for cute bathing suites, I just got this one from Macy’s (link) and it is extremely forgiving on the areas you want bathing suits to cover. Plus, it’s really cute! Kind of pricey though.

Allison’s latest blog post: Only a few more days

Jan 23 10:59 pm